Started by broadwaygal, January 29, 2011, 12:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadwaygal

Looking to purchase Thomas with Annie and Clarabel product code: 00642

Would these run on a g scale? 

New at all the train things.

Thanks

BillingsRR

If you are buying the Bachmann Large Scale Thomas, yes. The Bachmann Large Scale range is compatable with all of the popular G scale brands. It will run on the track you may currently have in your backyard or any other set up. If you buy the Bachmann Large Scale Thomas Set, the track it comes with is ONLY for indoor use.
Hope is helps,
-BRR

SodorAdventures

Quote from: BillingsRR on January 29, 2011, 12:30:10 PM
If you are buying the Bachmann Large Scale Thomas, yes. The Bachmann Large Scale range is compatable with all of the popular G scale brands. It will run on the track you may currently have in your backyard or any other set up. If you buy the Bachmann Large Scale Thomas Set, the track it comes with is ONLY for indoor use.
Hope is helps,
-BRR

Aww man, you beat me :P

But, no that exact set will not work. its HO, not G. the G scale thomas set will work will any g scale item. Not couplers though.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

BillingsRR

The person said "Will these run on G Scale?"

Hence the reason I awnsered their G scale question.....  ::)

EDIT: And in my entire post I always referred to the Large Scale Thomas, not HO. I did not say "The HO Thomas is compatible with all popular G scale brands".

SodorAdventures

Quote from: BillingsRR on January 29, 2011, 12:32:40 PM
The person said "Will these run on G Scale?"

Hence the reason I awnsered their G scale question.....  ::)

EDIT: And in my entire post I always referred to the Large Scale Thomas, not HO. I did not say "The HO Thomas is compatible with all popular G scale brands".

But the product code code she gave was for the HO thomas and friends set. I was telling her that that would not work because its HO and not G or "large scale" :P

BillingsRR

I do know that now. I am not an expert on the codes for the products, but the user asked about g scale so I assumed they meant the Large Scale set. If they buy the HO set they will find the HO Thomas is 1/4 the size of a G scale engine.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: BillingsRR on January 29, 2011, 02:16:14 PM
I do know that now. I am not an expert on the codes for the products, but the user asked about g scale so I assumed they meant the Large Scale set. If they buy the HO set they will find the HO Thomas is 1/4 the size of a G scale engine.

Yeah, and that would seriously stink!