News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

To ebtbob

Started by jsmvmd, June 18, 2007, 07:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmvmd

Dear "Bob"

A while back we talked about RR'ing in the Altoona/Pgh area sometime and you sent me an email.  Would you please contact me again so we can share phone numbers and possibly do a day of watching and filming choo choo's?  Now that summer is here, I am too busy with stuff. The Fall looks better, and Friday's are really good. Hope to hear from you again.

Rick Miller, you are invited, too, as well as any other fine person on this forum.  Terrorists need not apply!!

Best Wishes,

Jack

ebtnut

Please keep me in your loop.  We have a second house in the Pittsburgh area, so may be available with some prior notice.
Deane

ebtbob

Jack,

It is too bad you are so busy right now.   My son Darryl is out that way this whole week.    He has taken his laptop with him and is downloading pix at www.railpictures.net.   If you go to the site,  there is a place to look up different photographers.   They are listed alpabetically by first name so look for Darryl Rule.   He has some great shots already including the NS F units on a return trip from the golf tournament in Pittsburgh over the weekend.
       Anyway,  yes,  I will contact you and Deane we will try to keep you in the loop.    My next planned visit to Altoona will be arriving Friday night,  July 6.   Railfanning Saturday the 7th - it is NS weekend by the way,  and then on Sunday,  trying to get a shot of the E8s return trip from Pittsburgh somewhere west of Cresson.   Then it is on to Indiana and more railfanning.   Then in early October,  Darryl and I will make our annual fallweekend trek out to the Station Inn in Cresson for a long weekend of railfanning.   So I will give ya a heads up when we are in the area.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

jsmvmd

Dear Friends, esp Bob Rule,

Thanks for the link for your son, Bob.  Will check it out when I have a quiet moment.  My friend, Ted Kominsky has been to all the EBT Fall spectacular's and has a picture of triple headed loco's.  Will ask him to share with you if you are interested.  Ted is a great guy and I will invite him along as you will get a kick out of him.  Ted is an eternal optimist, a very happy and spiritual guy.

Best Wishes,

Jack

ebtbob

Jack,

Any railfan is always welcome as long as they know,  once the video camera goes on,  QUIET PLEASE!!    As for a triple header pic on the EBT...in our living room hangs a full sized poster print of a triple header crossing Meadow Street.  My son Darryl took that pic when he was about 12 years old,  using my 35 mm camera  while videoed the  action.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org