News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Union Pacific E-7 Color

Started by matt a, January 30, 2011, 12:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt a

I'm interested in purchasing a WBB Union Pacific E-7 ABBA locomotive set. They look nice in the catalog and I like the fact that you can buy power upgrades for them. I had herd online that the locomotive color was off but I couldn't find any pictures so I took an hour road trip to a local train store to check them out. I was shocked to see that the locomotive was a brown orange color not yellow like the pictures in the catalog. I also saw other WBB Union Pacific locomotives in the store and they were yellow, similar to my MTH trains. Will the color ever be fixed? Is it possible to see real pictures of the locomotives in the catalogs? I am interested in buying several other WBB locomotives.

mike d

All of the Williams UP stuff is an orange color. I have several Williams locos and passenger cars that range in age from 15 years old to a couple of years old and the color is the same on all. I wouldn't expect them to change the color, because the colors won't match and they want to keep their products consistent.

Just a little info on the E7B, they only come in one road number, so be aware if you're looking for two different numbers, you won't find one. That is the only reason I don't have two B units.  When they run them in a new number I'll get another.

I have a UP E7 ABA set and I really like them. I added dummy upgrade kits to both of the dummies. The kits are an easy install. I would recommend you buy the Bachmann conductive lube when you buy upgrade kits and oil the rollers, roller hinges and the ungeared wheelset axles. I noticed a big difference when I lubed mine.

I have gotten used to the colors and they aren't that out of place with stuff from other manufacturers. I run my E7's with MTH Premier cars and the color difference isn't bad IMO.

DominicMazoch

Color also depends on the lighting conditions.  that can change the "color", even if you had an official paint sample.

matt a

Quote from: mike d on January 30, 2011, 05:37:38 PM
All of the Williams UP stuff is an orange color. I have several Williams locos and passenger cars that range in age from 15 years old to a couple of years old and the color is the same on all. I wouldn't expect them to change the color, because the colors won't match and they want to keep their products consistent.

Just a little info on the E7B, they only come in one road number, so be aware if you're looking for two different numbers, you won't find one. That is the only reason I don't have two B units.  When they run them in a new number I'll get another.

I have a UP E7 ABA set and I really like them. I added dummy upgrade kits to both of the dummies. The kits are an easy install. I would recommend you buy the Bachmann conductive lube when you buy upgrade kits and oil the rollers, roller hinges and the ungeared wheelset axles. I noticed a big difference when I lubed mine.

I have gotten used to the colors and they aren't that out of place with stuff from other manufacturers. I run my E7's with MTH Premier cars and the color difference isn't bad IMO.

Mike - I looked at several WBB Union Pacific engines in the store. They had some that were close to my MTH Premier engines/passenger cars but the E7 set's color was way off. It was more of a brown orange color. I would have bought the set if the color was like that of the other WBB Union Pacific engines in the store. I wonder if the set was a production screw up??? I might try picking them up from a different store.

I do have to say I was quite impressed by the weight of the engines. I felt like there was some quality built into them.