News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Broken shay bevel gears

Started by ChrisS, February 22, 2011, 01:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisS

YEP... on my new shay, recieved january 22. 2 laps around the layout and now its clicking.... 3 broken gears.

i have called the customer service department... and no matter what extension or option i chose, all i get are voicemail inboxes.... is there another place to call?

next question, are they sending us faithful customers replacements or am i going to be expected to pay $27 to repair a one month old loco?

thanks gents

az2rail

Unless things have changed in the last couple of years, as long as you have a receipt, and have had the engine for less than a year, it will be still under warrantee. You will have to pay the shipping to them, but the rest is covered.

On a personal note-  I have not had any luck with my shay. The first time I ran it, the gears were stripped. The second time the circuit board went bad in the first foot. When it came back all it did was just sit there, right out of the box.  The only thing that works is the headlight. I gave up and use it as a static engine. No more shays for me.

But to be fair, I have 2 climax's, and 3 consolidations. All work fine.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Bucksco

Call (215) 533-1600 during normal business hours and ask for the service manager Laura Harris. She will be happy to send you a new set of gears.

ChrisS

Thank  you guys

Hunt, that earlier number is a fax number, I didnt intend to rudely ask for one. Sorry.