News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Backdating the 2-6-0

Started by J.A.M., February 10, 2011, 02:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.M.

Hi everyone
Does anyone have any tips for backdating the 2-6-0 to look like a pre-1900s locomotive.
Cheers :)

2foot6

Hi Jason,have a look at ebay australia>model trains>o scale>on30 down under have an open cab dress up kit for the 260 loco.If you remove any items for electric lighting ie  headlight and dynamo,install a kero type headlight you will have an older looking loco ready for layout.You can also remove the cow catcher to change the appearance. good luck cheers Peter ;)

J.A.M.

Cheers peter  :D
I'm also looking Boulder Valley models detail parts, they have some nice looking "old-timer" decorations

Tomcat

Jason,

did you already check out the PSC On3 parts catalogue?
If you have a chance to grab one, best do it! It´s a bible!!!!

Precision Scale has got masses of perfect detail parts to do a backdating...
Cheers, Tom ;) ;) ;)

Royce Wilson

You might consider joing the numerous Yahoo groups as there has been considibrle information put out on this.

Thahoo groups:

TOCng
On30
On30 group
On30 conspiracy

;D Gloria

Royce Wilson

Sorry that should have read ,Yahoo groups.

Royce

J.A.M.

Cheers everyone :)
After the geared engines, the 2-6-0 is one of my favs, such a good looking engine.
Hope bachmann re-releases it with DCC/DCC sound soon  ;D

rich19

On the website of Xeodon there were some fine examples of a backdated 2-6-0 (as well as the BLI 2-8-0). Although they are not in business anymore, you can visit their website www.xeodonrail.com (select the "loco gallery" on the left).

I'm sure you can get similar parts from Precission Scale.

Richard

Royce Wilson

The PSC C-16 plastic cabs look very nice on the mugul and allows you to backdate it to turn of century.

Gloria ::)