News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

golden classic

Started by bobby j, February 01, 2011, 11:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby j

Anyone out there know anything about the Big Haulers ?? I am trying to find out where I can obtain

information, operating instructions, date of manufacture, of the Bachmann Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul

and Pacific set ?? Also am interested in any Nickel Plate Road items??

BillingsRR

My suggestion is to post this on the Large Scale board. There are a few users there who can help you.
-BRR

bobby j

BillingsRR,

THANKS FOR THE INFO, BY TH WAY WHERE IS THE STRASBERG RAIL ROAD, IN OHIO??  THATS NOT FAR

FROM WHERE i WAS RAISED!!

Doneldon

bj-

The Strasburg Railroad in Ohio is in Strasburg PA.

-- D

Loco Bill Canelos

Set 90094 Milwaukee Road was released in 1994 and was never in the Bachmann catalog.  It was part of a series of golden classic sets which were limited edition sets made for sale in hobby shops only. It was Bachmans sales plan to win over hobby shops and move away from big box stores .  The Milwaukee Road set came with a coach and observation car.  There were 3600 sets made.  Later Bachmann produced a combine and full baggage car in matching colors.  The Locomotive in the set was equipped with the version 3 chassis which was not known for its reliability. 

All in all this is still one of my favorite sets.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

BillingsRR

Nope. SRC is in Lancaster, PA, more specifically Strasburg, PA. It is in "Amish Country". That may have thrown you off since there are also Amish people in Ohio, not sure exactly where.

Loco Bill Canelos

Here is a link to the set instructions, but they are for the newer sets rather than the older Golden Classics sets.  Your set will have the older black transformer.  Much is the same though and this should be of some help.   

Many thanks to Jack at Bachmann for posting it.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/Big_Hauler_Instructions.pdf

No joy on the Nikel plate items Bachmann has never made any ion large Scale

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!