Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wanted: Vintage Catalogs

Started by conradin, June 18, 2007, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonycook1966

Quote from: conradin on August 15, 2007, 05:42:19 PM
This is a booklet version right?

The Bachmann 1978 appears in two sizes from what I've encountered.  There's one that is small and about the size TV Guide used to be some years back.  The other is typical magazine sized 8.5" x 11".  Regardless of size, both have the same info and number of pages.  The scans were done from the larger example.

I have all the Bachmann catalogs from 1969-to the present.

Thanks, 

Tony
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
ho-scaletrains.net

conradin

You mean 68 to present...not 69 right? ;D

I am curious about the years 83-84.  That is because those were the time when Kader
1. took over 2. expanded internationally 3. changed product lines

What is the exact date (month) when Bachmann started H0 scale?  N is 6/68, but I have no idea about H0.

I am pretty sure the first retooling was done in August of 69.  That is because, if you check model railroader, Bachmann strangely advertised about having a brand new GP40 in the September 69 issue..even though they already have a GP40 back in the 68 catalog.

One thing for sure, the couplers are different.  The original coupler is one single unit.  After that, the coupler can be dismantled, although steel spring was used.  Not until the second retooling did they start using copper springs.  After the third retooling the coupler looked pretty much the same as now.

But that is in N scale..no idea if it holds true for H0.