Countdown to the Toy Fair and Talk

Started by SodorAdventures, February 03, 2011, 05:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillingsRR

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 12, 2011, 06:55:29 PM
What is the name of the episode?
I cant remmember I was in year 3 when I first saw the episode and thought it's for babys and we sold it at somthing we have called trash and treasure so no I don't remmember the episode name

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 12, 2011, 07:00:49 PM
Then I doubt it is real
it was I have a rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good memory

fighter4luv

Then I doubt it is real
AJWPRODUCTIONS means:

SHUNTER, SHUNTS, SHUNTING, SHUNTED (Not "Chunt")
Definition: Shunting, in railway operations, involves the process of sorting items of rolling stock into complete train sets or consists. The United States terminology is "switching".

These were all terms used in our mega awesome cool original Thomas series by Ringo Starr and Michael Angelis (not your American crap with bad narrating and terms changed to wrong non-British terminology :P (jokes - but the British version was much better - I've watched both).

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: fighter4luv on February 12, 2011, 07:13:15 PM
Then I doubt it is real
AJWPRODUCTIONS means:

SHUNTER, SHUNTS, SHUNTING, SHUNTED (Not "Chunt")

These were all terms used in our mega awesome cool original Thomas series by Ringo Starr and Michael Angelis (not your American crap with bad narrating and terms changed to wrong non-British terminology :P (jokes - but the British version was much better - I've watched both).
watch it yourself its true I must never tell a lie and I havent told a single one to anyone on here

BillingsRR

Carlin kicks Ringo's and Angelis' butts! He is the BEST of the BEST!

And he said chunt, not shunt. Shunt is a word, chunt is not. AJW said "......' He Chunted". I think what he meant might have been chanted maybe? Only word similar to chunt.

And the U.S. and UK versions are the exact same thing expect we use STF not TFC and wagons and carriages are trucks and coaches.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 12, 2011, 07:18:47 PM

And he said chunt, not shunt. Shunt is a word, chunt is not. AJW said "......' He Chunted". I think what he meant might have been chanted maybe? Only word similar to chunt.

And the U.S. and UK versions are the exact same thing expect we use STF not TFC and wagons and carriages are trucks and coaches.
He probably meant to say shunt.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

yes I think micheal got a bit lost at times bu I like ringo best

BillingsRR

If you look at his posts after that, he did not. He keeps refering to chunt. If he meant shunted, then I aplogize. If he did not, he didn't

fighter4luv

Don't make me laugh so much!!! Carlin's voice is no where as smooth as Starr's... he just managed to give the trains great voices! In comparing an episode such as "Saved from Scrap", I couldn't handle the way Carlin was narrating it - he just sounded horrible. Carlin is just a comedian... Starr is a singer so his voice is a lot better to listen to.

But yeah, I guess AJW meant "CHANTED" but you could've just explained that to him straight away instead of making fun of him... But I guess kids love to pick on everyone...

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 12, 2011, 07:24:10 PM
If you look at his posts after that, he did not. He keeps refering to chunt. If he meant shunted, then I aplogize. If he did not, he didn't
how could he be shunting episode you cant win he was pulling a train over the lake were duncan stopped to gather up steam then set off then stopped on the viaduct remember
Quote from: fighter4luv on February 12, 2011, 07:25:24 PM

Don't make me laugh so much!!! Carlin's voice is no where as smooth as Starr's... he just managed to give the trains great voices! In comparing an episode such as "Saved from Scrap", I couldn't handle the way Carlin was narrating it - he just sounded horrible. Carlin is just a comedian... Starr is a singer so his voice is a lot better to listen to.

But yeah, I guess AJW meant "CHANTED" but you could've just explained that to him straight away instead of making fun of him... But I guess kids love to pick on everyone...
oh I don't just saying what your saying just for micheal angelis instead

Cheeky_ULP

It's an easy misunderstanding of how SH and CH sound. :)

Or maybe the Australian subtitles are misspelling it?

BillingsRR

"Starr's ability to do women's voices on Thomas the Tank Engine are just about as great as his drumming and singing skills!"(Saying he was just as bad as women's voices as he was drumming and singing) That is from a British talk show! He was not the best singer, not the best drummer, and definatly not better than Carlin. Carlin is a comedian, one heck of a comedian, and the best TTTE narrator on Earth. Have any of you met Starr? No, oh so sad! I met Carlin and he was very polite and nice. He said he would have signed something for me, but he had to finish a scene. Don't think Starr would do that..........  Lolz.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Sparks on February 12, 2011, 07:29:19 PM
It's an easy misunderstanding of how SH and CH sound. :)

Or maybe the Australian subtitles are misspelling it?
1) I don't watch subtitles (2) refer to my earlier post

TheJJ

Carlin is my favorite too. But I think Ringo Starr is second best. (Well actually Idk both were good. :-\)