Countdown to the Toy Fair and Talk

Started by SodorAdventures, February 03, 2011, 05:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

No but HiT does, I just watches some newer stuff on TV and hearing the "Engine Rocall" made me mad because, "Theyre 2 theyre 4 theyre 6 and 8." WHEN DUCK IS NOT EVEN THERE!!!

MetaDude27

Well, there's definitely some reason why Duck, Oliver, and the Scottish Twins (along with other characters) have been cut out of the show. I only wish I knew what it was... That might dull some of the pain. (But then again it might make it worse! :P)

BillingsRR

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on February 18, 2011, 01:04:58 PM
No but HiT does, I just watches some newer stuff on TV and hearing the "Engine Rocall" made me mad because, "Theyre 2 theyre 4 theyre 6 and 8." WHEN DUCK IS NOT EVEN THERE!!!

You can't blame HiT for Emily. You have to blame the parent activist groups who said Thomas & Friends was "sexist" because there were no main female engines and if HiT didn't change it, they would file a lawsuit. So basicly it was make Emily or lose millions of dollars and possible go bankrupt. What would you choose if you were the CEO of HiT? I would make Emily to save everyone's jobs.

HiT does not hate Duck, the just can't use him as often as we would like.

TheJJ

I would make it Rosie the main girl character than Emily.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: JJ96 on February 18, 2011, 06:17:10 PM
I would make it Rosie the main girl character than Emily.
same here plus they could've just taken daisy,mavis or lady

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 18, 2011, 03:32:32 PM
Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on February 18, 2011, 01:04:58 PM

You can't blame HiT for Emily. You have to blame the parent activist groups who said Thomas & Friends was "sexist" because there were no main female engines and if HiT didn't change it, they would file a lawsuit. So basicly it was make Emily or lose millions of dollars and possible go bankrupt. What would you choose if you were the CEO of HiT? I would make Emily to save everyone's jobs.
That statement is exaggerated a fair bit. Emily hasn't exactly been a character people look up to, and then in CGI roles has been given feminine roles, some even close to sexist (the one about laundry especially!).

BillingsRR

Well the creation of Emily came out of the lawsuit scare. I'm not quite sure what goes on now in the series since I don't watch it.