News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forney problems solved

Started by pjf, February 06, 2011, 11:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjf

Not what you think but could be better. My first attempts at kit bash and turned out better than expected. Turned my "Wonderland Express' into a 2-6-2T yard engine or a short hauler loco. Runs forward, backwards through switches and 18" radius curves with ease. All the actions that a Forney can hardly do.
Used all the parts from the 2-6-0 with an addition of a pilot wheel from one of my 2-8-0. The best surprise is that it looks almost identical to a Baldwin narrow gauge "Class 10 ¼- D, Type – 2-6-2T". You can find it on this neat web-site   

http://narrowmind.railfan.net/   

I am very pleased with my creation that is why a little bit of bragging.
I have a "Denver & Rio Grande Western" with DC sound installed well here we go to the chop-shop.

I am trying to upload a picture but if it does not work I'll be happy to e-mail pictures to anyone interested.
Peter

NarrowMinded

pjf

NM send me an e-mail, check my profile for address.
I will email you a couple of pictures. Perhaps you can upload it here. I tried a few times, followed instruction and  size limitation but no luck.
Cheers
Peter

NarrowMinded

Here's your pictures Nice job on the bash.

pjf

NM thank you very much! Do you give computer lessons?
Cheers
Peter

NarrowMinded

It's easy enough to do once you have discovered or been told how. first you must post the pictures to an active website,

1. sign up at www.photobucket.com it's a free website.

2. once you have done that follow the directions to up load a photo to that site.

3. click on the photo

4. you will see a box on page that has options for links

5. click on the one that has <----[IMG]---> it will say copied in highlighted text once clicked.

6. come here and post something then right click "paste"

7. The link will appear save or post your comment as you normally would.

8 presto bango your photo will appear.

Hope that helps

Anubis

There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

railtwister

Nice job, your loco looks very good! It's unusual to see a kit bash that looks good without a total repaint.

Bill

pjf

Thank you for the compliments.
I did an other one. My Bumble Be is a very yellow 2-6-2T now.
Made a few improvement on the fit and finish, added a back light and DCC.
Peter