News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track errors

Started by sour rails, June 19, 2007, 06:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour rails

??? Is it me and my brother, or is it an actual flaw with the E-Z track. ???

For Christmas in (1996?), my brother received the Cannonball Express.  After about a few months of use, the track started to disconnect from the roadbed.  At the time, he thought it was neat ??? , so he eventually took all the track off the roadbed.
Now a couple of years ago, I received a complete tran set for Christmas.  After a few months, one of my tracks started disconnecting from the roadbed.

This incident started with the curved track (18" radius).
Currently, I am gluing the track back onto the roadbed, and I found a problem.  The smoothness of the curve does not line up with the grooves on the roadbed.  If I place the ends of the track on the ends of the roadbed, the middle of the track seems to be bowed towards the outside of the curve, causing the center of track to slip out of the groove of the roadbed.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?  I'm just curious, even though I know its really nothing to worry about.

??? ??? Sour Rails ??? ???
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

Paul M.

Are you sure it's the same radius of track you're using? Maybe you're using 2 different radiuses and they got mixed up.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

sour rails

Yes they are the same radius; they are from a complete set, and mine in particular is simply a circle track.
But the amount of problem is about a millimeter difference, and that is only in the center of the curve, the ends are fine.

These two are currently the only Bachmann trains we have.  I have no additional track as of yet.
Thank you,
:) :) Sour Rails :) :)

Bojangle

During the time while the track was not connected to the road bed, the track may have deformed due to temperature or natural stress changes.  If it  is only a millimeter, you can probably force the track back  into the grooves. You may have to put a few screws in the ties to hold in place until your cement dries.  The special CA glue for  plastics will give you a fast bond, or "Weld-on" if you can find it, which fuses the plastics together.

I understand that Bachmann now permanently bonds (welds)  the track to the bed. 
Maybe that is to keep "little brothers" from taking it apart.
Bob

wjstix

Are you 100% sure both sets came with Bachmann EZ Track?? Atlas makes something very similar, if one of the sets was Atlas and one Bachmann and you mixed the two up it wouldn't fit correctly even if both were 18"R curves.
???

sour rails

Yes they are Bachmann.  But as I stated at the end of the first post, it is really nothing to worry about.  I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced it.  More than likely, it is only slight changes due to temperature.

Thank you
8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8)