Any pictures of logging railways/railway equipment?

Started by J.A.M., February 07, 2011, 02:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.A.M.

Our layout is unusual: narrow gauge mainline with a logging branch (the "mainline" is just a continuous loop around the room, whilst the logging branch is the main part), these were nonexistent after the 1930s(?) due to updated railway laws.
I was just wondering if anyone had pictures of logging railways and equipment pre-1930s?
Also, does anyone have any suggestions on suitable stock? We have 2 shays, 2 climax's (1 has the backwoods climax tender) a 2-8-0 and a 2-6-0, as well as coaches, HS gondolas, skeletons, boxcars, flats etc (all bachmann) these do look suitable for 1920s equipment
Cheers :)
You've probably guessed, i am a Brit    :D

2foot6

Hi JAM,it sound like you are building a layout on the same principle of my layout.My layout is based on a victorian timber tramway in Australia,using shay climaxs,260,280 and porters.At this stage i haven,t worked out to upload photos to this forum  but i can email photos if you wish,just email me and i will send photos.To answer your question ,the shay , climaxs ,and the rolling stock are pre 30s,not sure of the 260,280,but a lot of rolling stock can modified to look older,i guess it really depends whether you are following a particular railway or freelancing.GOOD LUCK  WITH YOUR PROJECT   regards Peter

J.A.M.

thanks for the help peter :)
sounds alot more prototypical then ours. We only have the track plan and afew wooden buildings at the moment, so we're still deciding on a prototypical location  :-\
anyways thanks for the offer, I'll mail you my email address now
cheers :)