Scale show Timonium Md. We all gonna be there??

Started by bigblock454, February 03, 2011, 11:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan

Wouldn't miss it, especially since my club does a modular display; Prince William Model Railroaders Club (PWMRC).   We usually get stuck all the way in the back of the barn.

I'll crawl back into my HO box now. :)

Regards,

Jonathan

bigblock454

I was thinking about throwing my little 4-4-0 in a bag and dragging with me. Maybe somebody could give me some helpful advice on my little "noise" problem if I can set on somebody's test track. Not to mention I got a "laundry list" of things to buy! Heck, I oughta just pick up another one just to compare.

Norm

ebtnut

These shows in recent years have not been what they once were.  Used to be that they could fill both the center and left side halls with sales tables.  Now, there is a lot space taken up by space or modular layouts.  And there used to not be any tinplate dealers.  However, that said it's still worth the trip just to see what's floating around.  Peach Creek has a big sale on On30 stuff, so I picked up another set of the wood-side mine dump cars.  Also picked up one of the new Birney trolleys - very nice.  That was about it for me, though.  I was there by 9:30 and out by noon. 

bigblock454

Hey ebtnut, Yeah, I noticed the same, especially after not being able to attend the last few years. It's definately changed. Still nice, but a lot of the vendors seem to be gone. I bought some nice rr herald lighted mirrors last time I went (for my bar room), and wanted to purchase some more of them, but alas, none to be found. Picked up some hobby tools, and an o-scale freight house, nicely scratchbuilt for $24!! Otherwise, the "deals" didn't seem much different than the prices at the local hobbyshops. Did meet plenty of nice folks though!! Cheers.

Norm