News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

how do I upgrade from EZ Command to Dynamis

Started by rjborton, February 24, 2011, 04:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjborton

I have the dual diesel DCC system with DCC on board and E-Z Command set (00501), and, later this year I intend to purchase the Dynamis Sound Commander set (01402).  Can I use the E-Z Command controller or power supply with the Dynamis system?  Are there any problems in the upgrade?  Can I upgrade the decoders in the two engines that came with the E-Z Command set to add sound?

ACY

The E-Z Command and Dynamis systems are separate system and should not be used in conjunction with each other simultaneously. If you buy a Dynamis system, be sure to buy the system and not just the handset. Do not have both systems wired to the track at the same time. 
Sound can be added to the locomotives included in the set, but doing so almost requires a second dummy locomotive to house the decoder, speaker, and baffle. If you are not very talented and experienced when it comes to milling out locomotive shells, installing DCC decoders, and soldering then this is an install you do not want to attempt until you are more experienced.

rjborton

Thanks.  I'll pick up the Dynamis Sound Commander set ( 01403 ) later this summer.

richg

Quote from: rjborton on February 25, 2011, 06:43:02 AM
Thanks.  I'll pick up the Dynamis Sound Commander set ( 01403 ) later this summer.

Post the question about sound when you are ready to try the installs. They will not be plug and play.
Don't know which locos come with the set. The Bachmann locos are generally not easy to add sound to. The chassis usually will need modifying to accommodate the speaker.

Rich

ACY

It is a FT-A and GP-40 if I recall correctly, I bought the set a couple years ago on sale for $90 on ebay.