News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WILLIAMS LARGE SCALE

Started by Ross McLean, February 11, 2011, 10:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross McLean

Can someone please tell me what gauge track the "William s Large Scale" trains operate on?
The Bachmann Catalog is next to useless in this regard for most of the products shown.
And this from a catalog handed to me by Bachmann Reps at the Springfield Big-E train show early this month.
The Catalog, while describing 'scale' in some cases, does not tell the uninitiated, the gauge of track to be used for the various products, and while I might be considered to be an experienced modeler, I am still at a loss as to the gauge of "William s Large Scale" trains.
An omission that I believe needs to be rectified throughout the next and subsequent catalogs.

phillyreading

To be 100% sure I would need to see the trains!
Large scale could be either 1/32 or 1/24 scale, wich could be either G gauge or Standard Gauge. Standard gauge was made before World War Two(WW2, 1941) by Lionel and MTH is re-issuing some Standard gauge items.

Lee F.

the Bach-man

Dear Ross,
The Williams trains are O gauge, not Large Scale.
They are nominally 1:48.
Our Large Scale trains are either 1:22.5 or 1:20.3, both considerably larger.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Joe Satnik

Ross,

Which (year) catalog and page are you referring to?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

OGReditor

Large Scale trains in 1:20.3, 1:22.5, 1:24, 1:29, and 1:32 scales  (there is no such thing as Williams Large Scale, and never has been) all operate on a 45mm track gauge.

Williams O gauge trains operate on three-rail O gauge track.

DominicMazoch

I think people are started to confuse the entire B line with the WBB line, which is 3R O only.