Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BIG NEWS!!!

Started by thomasj219, February 13, 2011, 11:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetaDude27

Quote from: JJ96 on February 13, 2011, 01:54:08 PM
Quote from: MetaDude27 on February 13, 2011, 01:48:57 PM
Does anyone remember what exactly was announced in 2010? That way we'll have an idea of how many new items we can expect.
Knapford, Lighthouse, Truck #3, B&B, abd D&D.
In that case Bachmann probably has one more engine in store for us. Sure, four engines in one year sounds like a lot, but remember, they've had all of 2010 to work on Donald and Douglas, and they should really only count as one engine since they're exactly the same structure wise.

TheJJ

Did you notice he isn't even uploaded in the products yet?

BillingsRR

Same with Bill and Ben. Basically the same exact thing. With the exception of the faces and names.

MetaDude27

Quote from: JJ96 on February 13, 2011, 02:00:03 PM
Did you notice he isn't even uploaded in the products yet?
I did. I wonder why they haven't put him up, yet.

BillingsRR

Most likely because almost all of the Bachmann people are at the Toy Fair. And nothing is final.

MetaDude27

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 13, 2011, 02:00:55 PM
Same with Bill and Ben. Basically the same exact thing. With the exception of the faces and names.
In that case, Bachmann kind of only gave us one new Thomas engine last year! ::)

TheJJ

I never thought of it that way. So if D&D + Diesel are released its like 2 engines.

therailwayinspector

Well, too say I was expecting Diesel wouldn't be completely tue, but I had a hunch he was in for the running. If they release another engine with him (preferably Duck) this year too, that'd be great, but be thankful that Bachmann have done what they have for us so far.
Although, to get some more rolling stock would be good too. But one step at a time eh? Don't get everything now, otherwise we run out of things to look forward to.
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

MetaDude27

Quote from: JJ96 on February 13, 2011, 02:16:42 PM
I never thought of it that way. So if D&D + Diesel are released its like 2 engines.
Exactly. And since D&D are practically finished, then Bachmann will have enough time and resources to make two new engines (i.e. Duck and Diesel).

TheJJ

Idk. Its just weird in a sense. :P We still never heard Bachmann's Official word yet though.

MetaDude27

Yeah, I've seen several examples of stores offering pre-orders when not all the details are released. But then again, there were announcements from the actual company that the product existed. In this case, that hasn't happened yet. But whatever.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: MetaDude27 on February 13, 2011, 01:48:57 PM
Does anyone remember what exactly was announced in 2010? That way we'll have an idea of how many new items we can expect.

D&D, B&B, Knapford, Lighthouse, Tidmouth Sheds + Expansion Pack, TT#3, Salty's Dockside Delivery set, Farmer McColl, LS James, LS Cargo Car, LS Coal Wagon, LS Mil Tanker, and LS Fuel Tanker were announced for 2010. Hope this helps.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

7029cluncastle

im really looking forward to getting my donald and douglas and my bill and ben  ;D
"There are two ways of doing things: the Great Western way, or the wrong way. I' m Great Western and..."

TheJJ

I really want the D&D now. :P But the more I think of it the more I like the idea of Diesel. He had a unique shape until Splatter & Dodge and Arry & Bert became characters. But is still very interesting .

TobyTheTram16