STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 12, 2019, 10:53:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Countdown to the Toy Fair and Talk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print
Author Topic: Countdown to the Toy Fair and Talk  (Read 54942 times)
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 18, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »

No but HiT does, I just watches some newer stuff on TV and hearing the "Engine Rocall" made me mad because, "Theyre 2 theyre 4 theyre 6 and 8." WHEN DUCK IS NOT EVEN THERE!!!
MetaDude27
« Reply #226 on: February 18, 2011, 02:27:58 PM »

Well, there's definitely some reason why Duck, Oliver, and the Scottish Twins (along with other characters) have been cut out of the show. I only wish I knew what it was... That might dull some of the pain. (But then again it might make it worse! Tongue)
BillingsRR
« Reply #227 on: February 18, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

No but HiT does, I just watches some newer stuff on TV and hearing the "Engine Rocall" made me mad because, "Theyre 2 theyre 4 theyre 6 and 8." WHEN DUCK IS NOT EVEN THERE!!!

You can't blame HiT for Emily. You have to blame the parent activist groups who said Thomas & Friends was "sexist" because there were no main female engines and if HiT didn't change it, they would file a lawsuit. So basicly it was make Emily or lose millions of dollars and possible go bankrupt. What would you choose if you were the CEO of HiT? I would make Emily to save everyone's jobs.

HiT does not hate Duck, the just can't use him as often as we would like.
TheJJ

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 18, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »

I would make it Rosie the main girl character than Emily.
AJWPRODUCTIONS
« Reply #229 on: February 18, 2011, 08:36:32 PM »

I would make it Rosie the main girl character than Emily.
same here plus they could've just taken daisy,mavis or lady
Cheeky_ULP

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 18, 2011, 11:02:19 PM »

You can't blame HiT for Emily. You have to blame the parent activist groups who said Thomas & Friends was "sexist" because there were no main female engines and if HiT didn't change it, they would file a lawsuit. So basicly it was make Emily or lose millions of dollars and possible go bankrupt. What would you choose if you were the CEO of HiT? I would make Emily to save everyone's jobs.
That statement is exaggerated a fair bit. Emily hasn't exactly been a character people look up to, and then in CGI roles has been given feminine roles, some even close to sexist (the one about laundry especially!).
BillingsRR
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2011, 11:55:34 PM »

Well the creation of Emily came out of the lawsuit scare. I'm not quite sure what goes on now in the series since I don't watch it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: