News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

A question for the Bachmann.

Started by TobyTheTram16, February 13, 2011, 09:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

Please stop double posting. There is a modify button.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TobyTheTram16

Guys please stop spamming I'm not interested about double posting  >:(

BillingsRR

Quote from: SCOTTISH RAILWAYS on February 15, 2011, 09:56:10 AM
ALSO DO U AGREE WITH WHAT I SED ABOUT WITH OUT THE BRITTISH THE USA  MIGHT NEVER OF HAD STEAM TRAINS & THOMAS :)

It is to my understanding that the Americans invented the steam locomotive. The first steam engine in the world ran on the B&O line. I think I learned that at Steamtown, the B&O Museum, and many other places. But that may jsut be the first in the US, not the entire world. Sure we may not have Thomas, but we already had trains. Sure you can argue without the British, the USA may not have been founded. But all in all, England is a fine country now along with the USA and many other countries.

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

Sorry i got abit out of hand i apoligise for the hole thing  :-[ :-\ and i hope we can all get along
now what was it u were talking about :)

BillingsRR

It is fine. And when people talk about Britian, they don't mean Scotland. Since Scotland, Wales, Jersey, and Britain make up the United Kingdom, they are all still considered different countries. Think of it as the UK is like the US, but instead of states it is made up of countries. So people don't mean Scotland when they say Britian.

But anyway. Can you pre-order trains from Bachmann?

SodorAdventures

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 15, 2011, 07:16:11 PM
It is fine. And when people talk about Britian, they don't mean Scotland. Since Scotland, Walkes, Jersey, and Britain make up the United Kingdom, they are all still considered different countries. Think of it as the UK is like the US, but instead of states it is made up of countries. So people don't mean Scotland when they say Britian.

But anyway. Can you pre-order trains from Bachmann?

Nope. Only from its retailers
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

MetaDude27

If you're wanting to pre-order Donald and Douglas, then the best price I've found for them is on wholesaletrains.com. They cost $42.99 each. I'm not sure how much they charge for shipping, though.

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

Trainsontime thay r only £40 each & &75 for both

J70

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 15, 2011, 07:08:47 PM
Quote from: SCOTTISH RAILWAYS on February 15, 2011, 09:56:10 AM
ALSO DO U AGREE WITH WHAT I SED ABOUT WITH OUT THE BRITTISH THE USA  MIGHT NEVER OF HAD STEAM TRAINS & THOMAS :)

It is to my understanding that the Americans invented the steam locomotive. The first steam engine in the world ran on the B&O line. I think I learned that at Steamtown, the B&O Museum, and many other places. But that may jsut be the first in the US, not the entire world.

I'm afraid that's only in the USA. The first full scale working railway steam locomotive was built by Richard Trevithick in the United Kingdom and, on 21 February 1804, the world's first railway journey took place as Trevithick's unnamed steam locomotive hauled a train along the tramway of the Penydarren ironworks, near Merthyr Tydfil in south Wales.

So yes, despite being British in it's initial design, I'd say ther was worldwide influences on the final designs of steam locomotives. Just look at the Union Pacific's Big Boy class, and you can see how advanced it was compared to British designs of the same vintage.

Jack

BillingsRR

I kinda had a feeling that is what it was, but memory slips sometimes.  ;D

Oh well, I guess you could say Americans adapted it and made it bigger. IF you look at the Eruopian engines and comapre them to some of the American ones, I guess you could say the USA likes big things.

ThomasFan247

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 13, 2011, 10:09:22 PM
Is that store by any chance Grawalski's Trains? I might not have the name right, but I remember going to a store with a name like that when I was in Scranton. They had a huge German Shepard behind the desk. It was so adorable! I am a sucker for dogs.
It's Gryzboski's ;) (Idk if that's how it's spelled) They moved near Montage Mountain ;)

BillingsRR

Thats where I went. I think they where on the same road as the Steamtown mall, but they moved. Scranton Hobby is right across the street from the mall. SH has some old rare wooden items. I was debating on shopping, but I decided to save my money.