News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Affordable GP30's

Started by raider409, February 14, 2011, 08:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raider409

Hey WBB.  How about some affordable GP30's in O scale.  Sell them in pairs, one powered/one unpowered, starting with the roads original colors as delivered from EMD.  So far you produced almost everything around them.

Joe Satnik

Dear Raider,

I see that Lionel and MTH already have GP-30s.

What is your definition of affordable? (MSRP or other...)

Would any parts match already existing WBB locos?

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

raider409

I'm talking about reasonable pricing that WBB has now.  I know that Lionel and MTH have GP30's in the neighborhood of $400.00.  To me, thats expensive.  WBB have similar engines that Lionel and MTH have also but at about half the price.  That's what I mean about affordable.  I would match my WBB engines against any of theirs any day for reliability and cost.

phillyreading

Maybe they could do four cab numbers, that way not all the engines would have the same cab number if you bought three or four for a fleet of your favorite engines.
MTH does that with some of their rolling stock, so you don't have three of the same number in the same roadname.
I keep saying; "How about more stuff for the northeast railroads?" More rolling stock for CNJ and the Reading Company.

Lee F.

raider409

Great idea Lee.  Hope 3 rail monitors this

raider409

Hello 3-rail.  Anything to look forwards to for O scale GP30's?

DominicMazoch

Mike_AA9ZY

I was thinking either Milw Rd, CB&Q, or CGW!

phillyreading

Looks like I will have to buy some old looking and or beat-up GP-30's and GP-38's and repaint them for Reading Lines, so I can have some loco's I like better in O gauge.

I did this with a couple of H.O. freight cars, bought a Conrail caboose and re-stencilled it for FEC, as the paint was really close in color. Also re-stencilled some FEC 100 ton hoppers(in H.O.) for differant roadnumbers, hate to see just # 15380 on a string of hopper cars, so I changed the numbers a little to look more realistic.
Maybe Williams can sell two or three packs of a freight car with differant roadnumbers, like three quad hoppers for the Lehigh Valley; numbers 6436, 6437, 6438.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

AA9ZY:

MKT never had them.  Now did KCS and CGW have them in that read?

Mike_AA9ZY

Yes, the CGW did. If you look at the Morning Sun book about the CGW, there are color photographs of them in the same color as the F3's, GP9's, and SD40's.

raider409

Having the GP30 in their original colors is a start.  Look guys, these are toy trains ment to be played with and enjoyed.  If a proto type never had a particular model, so what.  I once took a williams BL2, stripped it, and repainted it in B&O passenger colors.  Did B&O ever have a BL2?  NO.  But it sure was fun to paint, and it looked sharp, if I do say so myself.  That is part of the fun in model railroading.  I like as much detail as the other guy, but I'm no RIVIT COUNTER.  Enjoy it, play with it, and don't worry about what anyboby else might say.  Toys are toys, and I love mine.

DominicMazoch

409:

Maybe WBB should have undercoated units?