News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HEAVY MOUNTAIN PROBLEM JAMMING

Started by darticus, February 14, 2011, 08:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darticus

This seems to go fine in forward but jams when put in reverse. I than have to put it in forward and give it throttle, move, than place in reverse again and continue or repeat procedure over and over. Did Bachmann have a problem with the heavy mountain? If I give a lot of throttle it sometimes helps. Thought maybe the wheel rods were jamming but have trouble seeing what going on as it happens. Any thoughts? Thanks Ron

bobwrgt

Could be the drive rods or valve linkage locking in reverse. You will have to look close to see if they are bent and hitting each other. Also look from the bottom to see if the copper wheel wipers for electrical pick-up are bent and getting caught in the spokes of the drivers. They should ride on the outside edge of the driver.
Use a bright flashlight to see what is going on.

Bob

darticus

Solved!
I put a decoder with sound in when I purchased the loco. The heavy mountain was jamming from new. Today I thought I should mute it as I really couldn't hear the motor good. When I did I could hear the sound of gears turning but no movement when it was stuck. It seems that the 2 screw at the bottom of the motor were loose. Tighten them and it seems fixed. It could have been loose from the factory. Don't know if there is a way to adjust the motor or gears properly but if you know soomething let me know. Ron