News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

thomas set ideas

Started by 7029cluncastle, February 15, 2011, 01:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branmas

how about this set idea?                                                                                                                                                            henry's and gorden's                                                                                                                                                                                     allow henry and gorden to race but who wins, is up to YOU!                                                                                                     it comes with 2 loops of track, one bigger than the other, gorden, henry, 2 express coaches, one brake, and one compoist, some trucks and a brake van.                                                                                                                                                     tell me what you think.

J70

Another idea from me :)

"Edward's Day Out" Freight Set

"Have a great time with Edward the Blue Engine. Pick up the cattle from the farm, take the coal to the exchange yards and collect the oil from the docks."

Would contain:

*Edward
*Cattle Car
*Coal Car
*Oil Tanker
*Farmer McColl Figure
*Plasticville Barn (http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=659)
*Oval of track with one siding
*Controller & Power Supply

What do you guys think?

Jack

BillingsRR

I think you should work for Bachmann! You have some great ideas.

I have one- Toby, Hennrietta, two of the faceless trucks, the Sodor Junction Station and Platform, Oval of Track, and Transformer. Don't have a name or discription for it. Maybe you could help you there Jack.  ;)

TheJJ

Quote from: JJ96 on February 15, 2011, 03:35:29 PM
Guys not to burst your bubble but the sets are way to large. But I know its personal wishes so mine...
Toad Stands By: Oliver, Toad, and S.C. Ruffey.
Duck's Branchline: Duck with 2 Red Branchline coaches.(Brake and regular)
(Modified Flying Kipper): Henry(old school), 3 vans, and Brakevan.
I like the Spencer set.
Toby's Old Branchline: Toby, Henrietta, and 2 Troublesome Trucks.
Quote from: BillingsRR on February 22, 2011, 06:50:45 PM
I think you should work for Bachmann! You have some great ideas.

I have one- Toby, Hennrietta, two of the faceless trucks, the Sodor Junction Station and Platform, Oval of Track, and Transformer. Don't have a name or discription for it. Maybe you could help you there Jack.  ;)
I basically said the same and I called it Toby's Old Branchline. ;)
But what if it was Toby, Henrietta, 2 troublesome trucks, and oval except you replace one of the curves with a switch and add another straight plus a one stall shed.

Anthony P2

how about Edward's Branchline Train.

Edward needs your help to be right on time! Help Edward pick up passengers up and down his branchline.

• Edward
  • 2 Coaches ( Clarabel with out name)
  • Station ( possibly Wellsworth?)
  • Oval of track, speed controller, and power supply

TheJJ

I think they should make accurately sized figures like Sir T. Hatt or the Conductor. In HO scale packs.

BillingsRR

The reason the figures are so large is so kids don't choke on them. That is why Sir Tophamm Hatt is so tall. You can't swallow him!

Another one is- Mavis, T1, T2, 2 faceless trucks, a brakevan, oval of track, and power pack. Something like "Mavis' Quarry Delivery".

There is also- Bill, Ben, 4 trucks, oval of track with a siding, and transformer.

"Edward Helps Out"- Edward, two coaches, oval of track, and transformer.

"Down By the Docks" Set- Salty, Vent. Van, T1, T2, oil tanker, Cranky, Oval of track, siding, and transformer.

"Percy and the Troublesome Trucks"- Percy, T1, T2, T3, oval of track, transformer. Basically the same Percy set, but with the newest truck.

Anthony P2

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 22, 2011, 07:59:48 PM
The reason the figures are so large is so kids don't choke on them. That is why Sir Tophamm Hatt is so tall. You can't swallow him!

Another one is- Mavis, T1, T2, 2 faceless trucks, a brakevan, oval of track, and power pack. Something like "Mavis' Quarry Delivery".

There is also- Bill, Ben, 4 trucks, oval of track with a siding, and transformer.

"Down By the Docks" Set- Salty, Vent. Van, T1, T2, oil tanker, Cranky, Oval of track, siding, and transformer.

"Percy and the Troublesome Trucks"- Percy, T1, T2, T3, oval of track, transformer. Basically the same Percy set, but with the newest truck.

dude, did you not read mine? still, at least we're both set on a good set idea for Edward. ;)

BillingsRR

I know it is basiclly the same thing, but it has a little different approach to it. However, I do think an Edward set is needed.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Churchill8F on February 22, 2011, 04:47:31 PM
Another idea from me :)

"Edward's Day Out" Freight Set

"Have a great time with Edward the Blue Engine. Pick up the cattle from the farm, take the coal to the exchange yards and collect the oil from the docks."

Would contain:

*Edward
*Cattle Car
*Coal Car
*Oil Tanker
*Farmer McColl Figure
*Plasticville Barn (http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=659)
*Oval of track with one siding
*Controller & Power Supply

What do you guys think?

Jack

This I like
Quote from: BillingsRR on February 22, 2011, 07:59:48 PM

Maybe a STH could be the size of a lego figure.

BillingsRR

Kids can still swallow him. That is why legos are for kids 7+. The Bachmann line aims at young kids and parents of young kids. Most parents won't want a small figure that their 2 year old can swallow while the parent runs trains.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 22, 2011, 08:33:22 PM
Kids can still swallow him. That is why legos are for kids 7+. The Bachmann line aims at young kids and parents of young kids. Most parents won't want a small figure that their 2 year old can swallow while the parent runs trains.
The Bachmann trains are for 8+  ::)

BillingsRR

I think I had my first Bachmann loco when I was what, 4 or 5? Not sure. But I was young. Still have the parts to it.

branmas

DID I NEVER POST A SET IDEA!?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 22, 2011, 09:47:37 PM
I think I had my first Bachmann loco when I was what, 4 or 5? Not sure. But I was young. Still have the parts to it.
Doesn't really change the fact that the box says the sets should be for Ages 8+, in the Thomas range at least.