Started by 7029cluncastle, February 15, 2011, 01:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

branmas

Anthony P2

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on February 22, 2011, 08:24:41 PM
Quote from: Churchill8F on February 22, 2011, 04:47:31 PM
Another idea from me :)

"Edward's Day Out" Freight Set

"Have a great time with Edward the Blue Engine. Pick up the cattle from the farm, take the coal to the exchange yards and collect the oil from the docks."

Would contain:

*Edward
*Cattle Car
*Coal Car
*Oil Tanker
*Farmer McColl Figure
*Plasticville Barn (http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=659)
*Oval of track with one siding
*Controller & Power Supply

What do you guys think?

Jack

This I like
Quote from: BillingsRR on February 22, 2011, 07:59:48 PM
The reason the figures are so large is so kids don't choke on them. That is why Sir Tophamm Hatt is so tall. You can't swallow him!

Another one is- Mavis, T1, T2, 2 faceless trucks, a brakevan, oval of track, and power pack. Something like "Mavis' Quarry Delivery".

There is also- Bill, Ben, 4 trucks, oval of track with a siding, and transformer.

"Edward Helps Out"- Edward, two coaches, oval of track, and transformer.

"Down By the Docks" Set- Salty, Vent. Van, T1, T2, oil tanker, Cranky, Oval of track, siding, and transformer.

"Percy and the Troublesome Trucks"- Percy, T1, T2, T3, oval of track, transformer. Basically the same Percy set, but with the newest truck.
Maybe a STH could be the size of a lego figure.
or a regular HO/00 scale person. bachmann could sell them separately, like in a pack. STH, a driver and fireman. or a driver and fireman pack. the ideas are endless.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: thomas the tank engine, stepney and henry fan on February 23, 2011, 03:41:53 AM
OH MY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
dude chill some if us might be christian not saying I am and set idea edward 3 old mainline coaches 2 comp. one brake oval of track transformer etc

BillingsRR

Really AJW  ::)

Anyway, It would be possible for them to introduce the small figures, but they would have to have the chokeing hazard thingy on it.

The 8+ is for the buyer. The person who buys it doesn't always run the trains. If they are a parent, they set it up and let their kids play with the figures, Sir TopHam Hatt, while the parent runs the trains. A kid can still swallow small figures with out the parent knowing. The size that the figures are now are perfect for little kids to play with while the trains fly by.

MetaDude27

I'm pretty sure the "ages 8+" is for the operator. An 8-year-old could easily operate a Thomas set without the help of an adult. So if the sets really are intended for kids 8+, then they could in fact make the figures more to scale, with the child being smart enough not to swallow the figure. Then maybe Bachmann could list the current set of figures as Large Scale or something.

BillingsRR

Really anyone over the age of 4 can operate the sets. All you do is turn a knob.

I don't think an 8 year old would like little figures, they are harder to play with while the figures currently out are the size of figures which can easily be played with. Sure they are completely out of scale, but to an 8 year old, nothing is out fo scale. When I was 8 I had diffrent scales set up as one layout and had the same people travel from train to train. If you look at the Wooden Railway line, it is the same case. The figures are bigger than the engines. When I did remakes and films, I used my HO figures since there were more in scale. And I didn't own any wooden ones.

Cheeky_ULP

I'm pretty sure that if a product says 8+ on the box, then a parent will see that as their kid should be that old in order to use it.

Younger kids should be resorting to Trackmaster, Wooden Railway, etc. anyway.

BillingsRR

I know many parents who ignore the age thingy. But what they do first is set up the toy, test is themselves, then decide if their kid can handle it. I have always been the "do it myself" kid, even when I was young. I resented help from my parents when it came to building trains. I always wanted to do it by myself, the way I liked it.

The only real danger with the Thomas sets is the transformer set, which should always be plugged in and unplugged by a parent or adult. The trains themselves are not to dangerous, can't swallow them, don't run unless on the track.

Some G scale companies suggest the appropriate age to run and handle the trains is 14, but I have been operating G scale trains since I was 5. I had no problems, they are simple. Of course my parents checked in every once in a while to make sure I wasn't smashing expensive trains, but I never did. I only smashed by HO ones.  ;D

But anyway, I guess we can conclude that the engines and operation electrical stuff is for older kids while figures and buildings are OK for kids younger than 8.

branmas

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios on February 23, 2011, 07:24:06 AM
Quote from: thomas the tank engine, stepney and henry fan on February 23, 2011, 03:41:53 AM
OH MY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
dude chill some if us might be christian not saying I am
i just want somebody to say something about my set idea, so i'll list it again.                                                                                                                                                                                                                 henry's and gorden's                                                                                                                                                                                     allow henry and gorden to race but who wins, is up to YOU!                                                                                                     it comes with 2 loops of track, one bigger than the other, gorden, henry, 2 express coaches, one brake, and one compoist, some trucks and a brake van. oh, and try to give some ideas for the trucks             

Mulfred

nah doubt they'd make a set with henry and Gordon. Too expensive. good idea though

BillingsRR

I don't quite understand the set.

Mulfred

I don't Entirely get it either. Didn't even know they had a race lol. I know something about an episode with a coal mix up so they swaped tenders.  ??? By the way note to HIT. HENRY DOSEN'T NEED SPECIAL COAL. He was fixed at the end of the flying kipper so he didn't need it any more. Rant over lol  ;D

TheJJ

Quote from: Mulfred on February 24, 2011, 04:20:31 PM
By the way note to HIT. HENRY DOSEN'T NEED SPECIAL COAL. He was fixed at the end of the flying kipper so he didn't need it any more. Rant over lol  ;D
Well remember it isn't entirely HiT's fault. Even when Britt had it for the TATMR movie they still needed specail coal for Henry. Which was after The Flying Kipper.

Mulfred

yeah well they should stick to the story. or at least give us a reason why he still needs it.

TheJJ

Good point. But thats what Henry is known for. Every engine has something about them that sticks out...
Thomas: #1, popular, has a branchline, 2 coaches, etc..
Edward: Old, wise, friendly, #2, still considered a little engine
Henry: Special coal, the frest love,etc...
Gordon: The express engine, big engine, blue, etc..
James: Vain, Red(Really known for that)
Percy: Small, Thomas's bff, etc..
Toby: Old, wise, oddly shaped compared to the others
Emily: Killed Duck and took his spot. >:(