News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

thomas set ideas

Started by 7029cluncastle, February 15, 2011, 01:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulfred

hey Duck isn't dead. I love Duck. Season 2 - 6 Duck rules. GWR Forever. I also hope when he dose return they don't ruin his charecter like they have to ever other engine. Since hit got full controll in season 8

TheJJ

I know it just seems it. Yes GWR all the way.

SmokeyNSteamer

I am not sure if this one has been mentioned in this thread before but here goes:

Edward's Cattle Train (HO)--Inspired by the Season 2 episode "A Cow On the Line"

-Edward w/Tender
-4-5 Cattle Cars
-Brake Van
-18" radius EZ track circle/oval with switches
-Power Pack/Controller
-Bluebell and Calf figures

BillingsRR

Quote from: SmokeyNSteamer on February 24, 2011, 05:05:17 PM
I am not sure if this one has been mentioned in this thread before but here goes:

Edward's Cattle Train (HO)--Inspired by the Season 2 episode "A Cow On the Line"

-Edward w/Tender
-4-5 Cattle Cars
-Brake Van
-18" radius EZ track circle/oval with switches
-Power Pack/Controller
-Bluebell and Calf figures

I said something similar to this, but had no name for it.

BillingsRR

Quote from: Mulfred on February 24, 2011, 04:20:31 PM
I don't Entirely get it either. Didn't even know they had a race lol. I know something about an episode with a coal mix up so they swaped tenders.  ??? By the way note to HIT. HENRY DOSEN'T NEED SPECIAL COAL. He was fixed at the end of the flying kipper so he didn't need it any more. Rant over lol  ;D

And it is also basicly two sets in one. Two ovals, two transformers,  two full trains.

thomasforever1

Here are My ideas

Dream on set with Bachmann thomas[clean and stone covered] , Spencer [ with streamers] , Spencer's special coach , 3 troublesome trucks, and Mavis , Bill , and Ben [Covered in stone]
Thomas and the new engine set with Thomas , Neville , Annie and clarabel, breakdown train
Percy's Big Mistake with Percy ,Gordon [covered in tar] ,flatbed with oil drums
Respect for Gordon with Jam covered Gordon ,4 express coaches,and jam tankers
Saving Edward with Thomas ,Edward , 6 ventilated vans , 2 red and blue open wagons ,and a break van
Thomas and Gordon with Thomas [ with front a coupling] , Gordon , 6 Express coaches
Thomas' New Trucks Coal Covered Thomas, 10 Green trucks with face's
Thomas and the statue with Thomas, 1 well wagon with a statue with a removable tarp
Buffer Bother With Bill ,Ben [with silver buffers], Mavis, and 5 troublesome trucks
Buzz Buzz with James [with Bees] and 3 red express coaches
Percy's New Whistle with Percy [With whistle sounds] 4 troublesome trucks and a breakvan
Dirty Objects with James [tar covered],10 troublesome trucks [with season 1 face's] , 6 tar wagon ,and 2 breakvans
Flour Power  with flour covered thomas ,diesel, and 10 red,green and blue trucks ,and a breakvan

branmas

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 24, 2011, 03:51:15 PM
I don't quite understand the set.
well set ideas don't have to be for a episode, its just an idea

7029cluncastle

Quote from: Sparks on February 23, 2011, 04:41:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that if a product says 8+ on the box, then a parent will see that as their kid should be that old in order to use it.

Younger kids should be resorting to Trackmaster, Wooden Railway, etc. anyway.
i know its a little late but ive been away so this is the first time ive been able to comment in a week.
i had my first electric hornby thomas set when i was 2. i had started to buy my own locos and such when i was 4/5. so it goes to show that people ignore the age limit.

anway, great set ideas guys :)
"There are two ways of doing things: the Great Western way, or the wrong way. I' m Great Western and..."

Mulfred

I don't see why they can't make a set based on Toby's Branchline. Something like Toby, Henrietta, 2 trucks. & Farmer McColl.

Also I like the ideas on the Edward layout with the cattel trucks and bluebell

TheJJ

Those two sets seem most reasonable.

BillingsRR

Can't forget the Spencer and the  Duke & Duchess set.

I would really like to see a set for Edward, I think al of the other engines in 1-6 have or have had a sey for themselves, so I think Edward needs one now.

Mulfred

I'm not sure, but I don't think Henry's had a set yet either. But yeah Edward would be a great in a set.  ;D

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: BillingsRR on February 23, 2011, 07:39:58 AM
Really AJW  ::)

Anyway, It would be possible for them to introduce the small figures, but they would have to have the chokeing hazard thingy on it.

The 8+ is for the buyer. The person who buys it doesn't always run the trains. If they are a parent, they set it up and let their kids play with the figures, Sir TopHam Hatt, while the parent runs the trains. A kid can still swallow small figures with out the parent knowing. The size that the figures are now are perfect for little kids to play with while the trains fly by.
do you really want to spark one of our world famous arguments again besides watch youtube n00b on youtube then look at my a question for JD417 thread there was a joke from youtube n00b in there that I got told off for I'm just trying to calm him down a bit

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: JJ96 on February 24, 2011, 04:40:30 PM
Emily: Killed Duck and took his spot. >:(
aint that the truth >:( (double post apology)

BillingsRR

Quote from: AJWPRODUCTIONS and OzzyWoodStudios on February 25, 2011, 06:30:33 PM
[do you really want to spark one of our world famous arguments again besides watch youtube n00b on youtube then look at my a question for JD417 thread there was a joke from youtube n00b in there that I got told off for I'm just trying to calm him down a bit

::)

Anyway, talking about something that has to do with the thread. There are some wooden sets(visit thomaswoodenrailway.wikia.com) that Bachmann could get ideas from.