News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Parts for HO Engines.

Started by topsir2, June 20, 2007, 12:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topsir2

Can anyone tell me if there is  a place where you can buy parts for engines other than the manufacturer? Motors and drive shafts etc. I broke a drive shaft on a Proto 2000 E7 and Life-Like tells me I have to buy a whole new motor and worm drive assymble to fix this. The drive shaft snaped at the flywheel end where the coupler is pressed into the fly wheel. A plastic part. I removed the plastic part from the inside of flywheel end. I can't see why they don't sell this part.

SteamGene

Try Northwest Short Line.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

PCClover

You could try a flea market you could buy the engine and use it for parts or a replacement, depending on the condision of the engine you have now and the one you get at the flea market.  I hope this helps.
PCC trolleys got to love'em :>

lanny

Along with NWSL (good idea!) and 'Flea markets/local swap meets' (also a good possibility) try this web site on eBay http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZk4Q5fpacific.

This seller specializes in all sorts of parts 'cannabalized' from HO locomitves, etc. I have used him several times to buy Mantua Delta trucks for my ICRR 4-8-2 Mountains. I have found this seller to be totally honest and willing to answer any question you have.

I would suggest contacting him with the specific part/parts you need. If he doesn't have them, he may be able to direct you to someone who does.

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

RAM

Micro-Mark also has drive shafts

topsir2

Well to my surprise I got a call from a Walthers parts Rep. which now owns Life-Like today. He told me to send in the engine and $10 for return shipping to repair the unit for free. I told him in an earlier discussion that there was no way I was buying a new motor and drive unit to repair this unit. I guess they want to keep customers happy, which is a good way to run a business.