Lady or Rosie: Bachmanns next female Thomas model

Started by deviousdiesel10, February 17, 2011, 09:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallinen

Lady or Rosie would be good choices. However, my vote would be for Molly. :o

branmas

S.A.C. Martin

I could almost guarantee chaps, you won't ever see an official 00 or HO model of Lady, ever.

Appeared in one movie, one straight to DVD special, and never seen again. She may be popular in fan-circles, but she has proved to be a one and a half hit wonder when it comes to the thing which matters most: profit.

On the other hand, Hornby proved me wrong and did use their railroad 9F to make Murdoch, so what do I know about it!

If any of the female characters was going to appear, I would say Rosie is the most likely as she has reappeared in the CGI series.

fighter4luv

Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on April 27, 2011, 05:48:15 AM
Appeared in one movie, one straight to DVD special, and never seen again. She may be popular in fan-circles, but she has proved to be a one and a half hit wonder when it comes to the thing which matters most: profit.
This may be the case, but she plays an intricate part of the origin of Sodor. I'm sure if we got enough votes for her to be made, Bachmann would pass that message on to HiT for a model suggestion :)

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: fighter4luv on April 27, 2011, 08:50:13 AM
Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on April 27, 2011, 05:48:15 AM
This may be the case, but she plays an intricate part of the origin of Sodor.
Which was quickly retconed out.

Backstory or not, Simons right, she hasn't appeared enough. Her popularity is mostly from the fan circle.

Cirkit:)

I'd like to see Rosie added to the Bachmann range.. as said before she has been seen more often in the series than Lady has, bar specials, and younger fans would be more familiar with her than Lady, also previously stated. I'd really like Rosie, though, because it would be the first RTR S100 class on the market, and I bet loads of railway modellers would want a proper s100 class on their layouts.. might also give chance to 'experimenting' with different liveries for Rosie. The lavender-pinkish color she's got now is alright, memorable, but I'd like to see what she'd look like in green or blue.. :D

gojifan54

I would have to say a Lady model would be the best bet if Bachmann where to make one because of popular demand, and a lot of thomas fans like lady, and the people that do should beg bachmann to make one...

J70

Quote from: gojifan54 on June 07, 2011, 07:24:26 PMbecause of popular demand

With the main intended market being children, and the fact Lady has only appeared for about 8 minutes in two films, don't you think they'd rather have a more common character such as Rosie?

I doubt there is a market for Lady that is sustainable enough to get a model produced.

Jack

gojifan54

but it is possible that Bachmann will make a Lady model and it woluld be a good colletors item, she may have appered for 8 minutes in two movies but, it does regaurd what HIT wants to do next, so you are right, but im not a fan of the new Thomas, and i think Bachmann should stick with the older trains from the Thomas series.

S.A.C. Martin

Quote from: gojifan54 on June 08, 2011, 03:09:07 AM
but it is possible that Bachmann will make a Lady model and it woluld be a good colletors item, she may have appered for 8 minutes in two movies but, it does regaurd what HIT wants to do next, so you are right, but im not a fan of the new Thomas, and i think Bachmann should stick with the older trains from the Thomas series.

8 minutes.

Just 8 minutes  :-\

I really can't see her being made as a model - particularly as she doesn't fit into the ethos of the current series as it stands. She has effectively been written out for the last eight years. If anything, they should reuse the Edward chassis and do Molly, but there again, she's only appeared in a few episodes.

Some of these characters really do feel like they couldn't decide what engines were going to be popular, so stuck them all into one or two seasons to see which the kids liked, immediately dropping the ones which didn't prove popular.

SmokeyNSteamer

IMO, they should release Daisy before they release Lady OR Rosie.  After all, Daisy was THE FIRST female engine character in the series, right?

Anthony P2

daisy would be an easy make. box + 1 powered bogie + 1 unpowered bogie = Daisy. same goes for BoCo.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Anthony P2 on June 10, 2011, 10:55:19 PM
daisy would be an easy make. box + 1 powered bogie + 1 unpowered bogie = Daisy. same goes for BoCo.
Explain yourself when you say "box".

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on June 11, 2011, 09:31:49 AM
Quote from: Anthony P2 on June 10, 2011, 10:55:19 PM
Explain yourself when you say "box".
he was making a joke in saying that her body is alot like a box