Lady or Rosie: Bachmanns next female Thomas model

Started by deviousdiesel10, February 17, 2011, 09:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasfan654

I personaly would like to see Lady because the creator of Thomas for T.V Britt Alcroft was the vocie of Lady when she got her sodor face. she also was the whole movie with out her the engines would die.

Anthony P2

and? she's appeared 2 times with 4 lines all together. i can see Hank or Dennis even Billy come out before her.

sunhuntin

youd be surprised at who kids recognise.
the model train club im a member of had a visit from a special needs preschool a month or so back. i took my tomy/trackmaster stuff along. about a week before the show, i got on a parenting forum and asked members which female train their kids would rather see/who they would recognise. the calls for lady and emily were about the same, with 1 or 2 for flora and i dont think molly or rosie got suggested at all. in the end i took emily cos i like her design, but lady would have been just as popular. 

on the flip side, the club president runs bachmann thomas and i watched some of the kids at the train show and so many called edward and gordon, thomas.

ThomasFan247

I don't really understand why people are still debating over this. It comes down to this:

Lady may be popular among fans, but she doesn't make frequent appearances. She's had 8 total minutes of screen time.

Rosie is popular among fans and makes frequent appearances within the show. She's had MUCH more screen time that Lady has, and Rosie is a member of the actual series. She's not only in the movies and spin-offs, she's actually in episodes.

Facts need to just be faced here. Lady will most likely NOT be appearing in the Bachmann range. If she ends up making some appearances in the show, which is highly unlikely, then maybe. But right now, I doubt it. Rosie obviously has a much better chance.

TheJJ

Out of Female Characters Rosie is the #3 out of my top five.
1. Daisy
2. Mavis
3. Rosie
4. Lady Hatt (I think she controlos Mr. TH and that says alot)
5. Lady
I think Rosie should definitely be the next female engine made. If not the next female then just the plain out next AS LONG AS DUCK COMES OUT WITH HER!!! But for previous reasons said she's popular a U.S.A. engine, and quite well known. Heck, I'd rather have her on the steam before Emily. (But both should be replaced by The Great Westerns). Sry for being off topic but yes I say Rosie!

Anthony P2

that would be nice: Bachmann 2012 - Duck and Rosie.  :o Bachmann would make SO MUCH profit off of them since they are so popular between fans.

TheJJ

Quote from: Anthony P2 on July 10, 2011, 10:36:26 PM
that would be nice: Bachmann 2012 - Duck and Rosie.  :o Bachmann would make SO MUCH profit off of them since they are so popular between fans.
A little old school and new generation twist.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Anthony P2 on June 10, 2011, 10:55:19 PM
daisy would be an easy make. box + 1 powered bogie + 1 unpowered bogie = Daisy. same goes for BoCo.

That would be true, and also, if Daisy were made into a Bachmann model, I wonder which chassis would be used. After all, she has on occasion been seen with the chassis as BoCo.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

BigC12

I say Lady, because she is a major character in Thomas and the Magic Railroad

Anthony P2

ah yes but has she been in the series much? no. lady has been in 1 movie and 1 hour special with 4 lines all together. she would be a nice model but for now a heavily altered model of percy, bill/ben, and and ERTL or Bandai Lady.

S.A.C. Martin

I can categorically state Lady will not be appearing in the Bachmann range - ever.

To argue for her is to ignore one simple factor in all of this - Bachmann are a business, and they want models which will sell. That is why they made the first seven characters pretty quickly, that is why they have made Diesel, Donald & Douglas, and Bill & Ben. The demand is there for them. I sincerely doubt, if made, that Lady would be anywhere near profitable for them.

At the end of the day, it's about sales, and Lady as a character has neither appeared enough, nor is wanted by anything near enough people to justify a single run of models, never mind the continuous 9 year stint the Bachmann Thomas has had.

Profitability will always win the day over a perceived desirability.

branmas

please. can we just forget about this and pretend it never happened and delet this topic? because i am HATING this war over the girl engines.

AJWPRODUCTIONS

and plus it's not who we think WILL BE MADE, IT'S WHO WE WANT TO BE MADE, thats what the topic is about

S.A.C. Martin

Reasoned debate is not exactly "war".

I might suggest that those who dislike the answer might be slightly biased in favour of said 0-4-0!

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: S.A.C. Martin on August 03, 2011, 05:42:01 PM
I might suggest that those who dislike the answer might be slightly biased in favour of said 0-4-0!
yes pretty much those who don't like the fact that rosie's more likley are of course the ones in favour of 'said 040'. And now I have been told how to make an HO Lady, so I can make my own Lady and to be honest because of the fact I can MAKE her I would rather see Rosie as I don't know how to make her and I need her for the prolouge and Lady doesn't debut 'till episode 8.