News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ-DCC programming question

Started by tonycook1966, June 21, 2007, 10:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonycook1966

I've had some difficulty programming a pair of Bachmann DCC equipped locos and thought I post here and see if anyone might be able to help.

I have a Spectrum 2-10-2 and Bachmann EZ-DCC GP30 that neither one will accept a 4-digit/long-address.  They both appear to work fine otherwise, but are stuck running as default loco "03" only.

I have other EZ-DCC locos (GP38-2; SD40-2; GP35; GP30) that have all easily taken the long-address with little trouble.  According to my notes, I went in and changed CV29 to accomidate the 4-digit address on those examples and all went quick and easy.

These other two mentioned above won't allow me to re-program CV29.  I get "d nr" on my Digitrax Zephyr, when I try to read or program CV29.  Also can't even get the 2-digit address to switch from its "03" default.

Any ideas?  Defective decoders? 

Thanks,
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
ho-scaletrains.net

Hunt

Workaround required to program a non-sound Bachmann decoder using a Digitrax Zephyr.

Workaround ---  Place a 1000 Ohm resistor across the programming track. Remove the resistor after you finish programming the Bachmann decoder.