question regarding E Z track remote switcher wiring

Started by tranzpc, July 14, 2007, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tranzpc

I just got a track expansion kit by E Z track to run in conjuntion with an EZ Command digital controller.  I recieved four remote switchers, Two red wires, four green wires, four plastic switches with 3 plug-ins each.  Bachmann supplied absolutely no instructions as to how to hook these up and how to control them via the command controller.  Could anyone help Me out with some insight as to how to get everything operational....................pc

the Bach-man

Dear Tranzpc,
The red wires, which are two strand, go from the AC terminals on your power pack to one of the conntrol buttons. The rest of the buttons gang together on the one you just wired. The three strand green wires go from each controller to a turnout.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Jim Banner

To add to what The Bach-Man said, there are no ac terminals on your E-Z Command.  You will need either a separate power pack with ac terminals or a "wall wart" that will supply 12 to 16 volts ac or dc.  Used power packs often show up at garage sales and sometimes train dealers have used ones around.  If they hum quietly when plugged in, the ac "accessory" output usually works, even if the dc "track" output does not.

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.