News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO 4-6-4 Hudson??

Started by hawaiiho, February 19, 2011, 08:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawaiiho

ATTENTION The Bach-Man

Those Williams 4-6-4 Hudsons look really great.

Any chance of a future HO 4-6-4 Hudson, maybe with sound?

ACY

The Hudson is already made by MTH and Rivarossi and was formerly made by AHM. The MTH version has sound.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ACY on February 19, 2011, 09:30:07 PM
The Hudson is already made by MTH and Rivarossi and was formerly made by AHM. The MTH version has sound.

Let us not forget the BLI models. I have a few of these and they are great running locomotives.
Pacific Northern

hawaiiho

I have an early  Rivarossi DC Hudson. I looked at the MTH Hudson(Empire State)--PRICEY.  If I bought that,  then I would want  the matching cars--way too much money.
The BLI and new Rivarossi are quite scarce.

ACY

Quote from: hawaiiho on February 20, 2011, 02:05:35 AM
I have an early  Rivarossi DC Hudson. I looked at the MTH Hudson(Empire State)--PRICEY.  If I bought that,  then I would want  the matching cars--way too much money.
The BLI and new Rivarossi are quite scarce.
The new Rivarossi's aren't scarce, you must not be looking in the right places that's all. The BLI's were readily available for a while, now they are a bit harder to find. Do you only want a streamline or a regular Hudson fine? I also forgot about IHC they made Hudson's also and were very economical options.

Barney R

I too would love to see Bachmann put out the 4-6-4 Hudson as well. I really like the Blue Goose.
The Two in my picture are Rivarossi's. The NYC Hudson is an older version and was an AHM import. I converted that last month to DCC and sound via Tsunami TSU-1000. I used the Tsunami, thanks to this discussion board. So many folks on the Bachmann forum had such high praise for the Tsunami in their Bachmann products, that I just had to try it. Thank you all so much for you input and guidance. I am just thrilled with the results. The Blue Goose is a newer version and was sold as Rivarossi. That one I coverted to DCC and sound with ESU Loksound.
Maybe the Folks at Bachmann will read this tread and consider HO production in the future. I would buy one or maybe two (I never seem to have enough Locomotives).

hawaiiho

[The new Rivarossi's aren't scarce, you must not be looking in the right places that's all. The BLI's were readily available for a while, now they are a bit harder to find. Do you only want a streamline or a regular Hudson fine? I also forgot about IHC they made Hudson's also and were very economical options.
[/quote

Neither of my LHS's carry Rivarossi and the one that carries BLI has no Hudsons and said they have been unable to get any for some time.

I just checked the 8 to 10 Internet stores that I have purchased from. None have Rivarossi Hudsons. The ones that have BLI Hudsons all show "out of stock"

Twice burned, once badly--several hundred dollars, I no longer buy off E-Bay.

ACY

Quote from: hawaiiho on February 20, 2011, 12:20:14 PM
Twice burned, once badly--several hundred dollars, I no longer buy off E-Bay.
Ebay had a good number of both last time I checked, some of the sellers have legitimate brick and mortar shops. But you are right it is a big risk. My local hobby shop that has the most stuff had as of 3 months ago 2 of the MTH Empire State Express, 3 Rivarossi NYC locos (non-streamlined), 1 IHC New York, New Haven & Hartford Hudson and 3 BLI locos 1 in New York, New Haven & Hartford and 2 in NYC, they also have 1 Hallmark brass painted ATSF Blue Goose. Prices vary, but the IHC loco is only $75 and it is new, and the MTH was on sale for $300.

bobwrgt

Purchased all of mine from Ebay with no problems. 615 purchases in 10 years.
You might also want to check Trainworld. They sold more Hudsons than anyone. Sold the Rivarossi and Bli's at very deep discounts at one time.

Bob

hawaiiho

Quote from: bobwrgt on February 20, 2011, 04:12:13 PM
Purchased all of mine from Ebay with no problems. 615 purchases in 10 years.
You might also want to check Trainworld. They sold more Hudsons than anyone. Sold the Rivarossi and Bli's at very deep discounts at one time.

Bob

They were among the first that I checked. No luck on what I was looking for.

Doneldon

HI Ho -

I, too, got burned very badly on ebay but it was because I wasn't careful. You are protected if you use Paypal and stick with sellers with a strong track record, i.e., lots of deals and 100% or very close positive feedback. In the unlikely event that a seller tries to gyp you under those circumstances your money will be refunded. As a second line of defense, always pay by credit card even though Paypal wants direct access to your bank account as the default payment method.

I'm not as keen on the Blue Goose as you are, though I like the Santa Fe, but I sure do admire the Central's 20th Century Hudsons.

I hope you find exactly what you want at the price you want to pay.
                                                                                                                    -- D

ACY

Quote from: Doneldon on February 21, 2011, 02:14:39 AM
I hope you find exactly what you want at the price you want to pay.
This is what everybody wants, but rarely does it occur.

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Doneldon on February 21, 2011, 02:14:39 AM
I sure do admire the Central's 20th Century Hudsons.

Me, too. Those Dreyfuss streamlined Hudsons were the sexiest steam locomotives ever!  ;D

And even the unstreamlined engines were good-lookers.  :)

r0bert

This is about the only Hudson I'd be interested in.

Doneldon

J Bar J -

Yes, all of the Central's Hudsons were terrific. I saw someplace years ago that some railroad writers had decided they were not only the best looking Hudsons, but the best looking of all steam engines. I don't know about that as it's all a matter of taste and one person's preference is as good as another's. But they were sweet.

I also like the Empire State Express Hudsons, more even than the 20th Centuries.
                                                                                                                          -- D