News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Clinton Dewitt

Started by Ken maynard, February 27, 2011, 02:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken maynard

Does anyone know where I can get a good picture of the Clinton Dewitt.
I would like a full shot of the complete set.
Thanks.
Ken

CNE Runner

Ken - Go to the Google home screen. At the upper lefthand side select "Images". Now type in "Dewitt Clinton" in the search box. The resulting page(s) will have several views of the original train - as well as old Dewitt himself.

Regards,
Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

railsider

Does anyone admit being old enough to remember when DeWitt Clinton (the politician, not the train!) was on the little blue tax stamps plastered over the top of a pack of cigarettes? That was back in the 1940s, if I remember correctly.

Doneldon

rs-

Dewitt Clinton goes back much farther than the 1940s.
He was governor of New York more than a hundred
years before that.
                                          -- D

mabloodhound

Quote from: railsider on March 28, 2011, 12:35:30 PM
Does anyone admit being old enough to remember when DeWitt Clinton (the politician, not the train!) was on the little blue tax stamps plastered over the top of a pack of cigarettes? That was back in the 1940s, if I remember correctly.

photo from 1955 and goes back from there http://www.flickr.com/photos/asbestos_pix/5548701179/
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

richg

Quote from: railsider on March 28, 2011, 12:35:30 PM

If there is, I would like to meet him.  :)

Rich

railsider

Of course I know that DeW Clinton, the celebrated *person*,  was a political figure in the 19th century. That's why he was later depicted on a Federal tax stamp ... just like G. Washington is depicted on today's dollar bills, to lend dignity to a current instrument of the government.    Geeeez, you guys!   Lighten up.