Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Oliver for the Nearby Future

Started by TheJJ, July 12, 2011, 10:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJJ

Oliver the Great Western Engine

Summary:
  He is a well known and well liked from fans young and old. He is #11 and one of the originals from Thomas and Friends.
Oliver was introduced in the episode Escape but was made famous in Toad Stands By. (The episode where he destroyed S.C. Ruffey) He was saved from scrap by Douglas and was making waves ever since in the world of T&F. Known as "The Little Western" he has become close to or just as popular as the other Great Western Duck.

Reasons for Production:
  Oliver was saved by Douglas (as mentioned before) but since Donald AND Douglas are being made people will want to buy this trio.
They would also increase the number of SC Ruffey's sold too because they will want that combo.
Oliver is only a 0-4-2 and will be easier to model rather than another tender engine like Hank.
Since he is so well liked many people will buy him to add to the collection.
Since we have skipped #8 to go on to 9 and 10 I say why not try for 8 and make 11 as well.

Episodes:
   He has been featured in multiple episodes such as Gordon take a shortcut but starred in more of his own.
He has been in Oliver's Find, Toad Stands By, Escape, Busy Going Backwards and many more timeless tales

These are only the important reasons why Oliver should be made.
Tell me what you think of my best review so far. (that is only my opinion)
Anymore reason for production and more detail help would be greatly appreciated.
Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9GRaAUpcHA&feature=related

Mulfred

I agree 10000000% again. Oliver is and always will be one of my top engines. It will be intresting as well Bachmann models have been getting better and better lately. I used to have the hornby model and he was amazing, In my opinion one of the best hornby did. So it'll be intressting to see what Bachmann dose to step up to that mark. It makes sence to complete the original 1 - 11 of engines. JJ96 Your are my new hero for making this thrend.  ;)

TheJJ

Well thank you. See I feel although Hornby's model might be amazing, but it can always be beaten. Bachmann detail as of lately is definately superb (and I don't just mean they're T&F lines) and if you notice on Oliver's Hornby model that you can see the nuts and bolts on its shell like others from their range. But Bachmann makes that smooth finish on the models and still provides excellent detail. Plus one thing Hornby can never compete with the moving eyes.
Quote from: Mulfred on July 12, 2011, 11:47:11 AM
I agree 10000000% again. Oliver is and always will be one of my top engines. It will be intresting as well Bachmann models have been getting better and better lately. I used to have the hornby model and he was amazing, In my opinion one of the best hornby did. So it'll be intressting to see what Bachmann dose to step up to that mark. It makes sence to complete the original 1 - 11 of engines. JJ96 Your are my new hero for making this thrend.  ;)
Glad to be the hero.

SodorAdventures

I  agree aswell. Apart from Thomas, Oliver is one of my favorite characters. He is such a different engine and adds a whole new personality to the show. I agree that Oliver is a very good character and your tidbit about S.CRuffy being more popular is 100% true!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

Mulfred

I always thought it was a bit daft having relased SCRuffy and not Oliver or even Toad. I'd be relasing Annie without Thomas and Clarabel

TheJJ

Quote from: SodorAdventures on July 12, 2011, 12:50:41 PM
I  agree aswell. Apart from Thomas, Oliver is one of my favorite characters. He is such a different engine and adds a whole new personality to the show. I agree that Oliver is a very good character and your tidbit about S.CRuffy being more popular is 100% true!
If it wasn't true then I wouldn't have put it, but its not just Oliver, its Oliver and Toad. Its because only a few characters had a relationship between RollingStock
Thomas: Annie and Carabel
Toby: Henrietta
Oliver: Toad (And an RWS shout out Isabella)
But Oliver character was unique and should be made into a Bachmann model!
(BTW I agree Mulfed)

DinoNTrains

I agree too that Oliver and Toad should be made. Then, one could reenact Toad Stands By with ease. Also, many merchendise features Oliver and Toad, so that could be a reason to make them. But I also hope that if Oliver is made, they do not use a CGI face, although his CGI face is much better than Duck's.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

TheJJ

Now I think Oliver's face is pretty close in CGI to the classic face. But whether its Duck or Oliver as long as the models are made I don't think we'll care if its CGI or classic (as long if they aren't as on bad of a level as the Thomas, James, and Percy faces).

DinoNTrains

That's for sure, though if Duck were made, I'd rather he have a classic face, for his CGI one is too small and it's missing his cheekbones
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)