News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HEAVY MOUNTAIN GEAR PROBLEM HELP!

Started by darticus, February 21, 2011, 06:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darticus

My heavy mountain that I just got for Xmas seems to have a gear meshing problem. When I back it up it sometimes stops and it sounds like the gears are turning and no movement. If I go backwards fast enough is seems to go ok. Not a problem in forward. Is there a way for me to check gear meshing. Can I adjust something? How would I get to the gear problem? I can send it in to Bachmann but I already installed a decoder for sound in the tender and I would have to just send the loco and separate the tender from it and I don't know if thats ok. Thanks Ron

railtwister

I seem to recall a note about a similar problem posted here a month or two ago, maybe just before the holidays. I don't recall if there was any resolution to the problem, since the original loco had gone back a couple of times to Bachmann without fixing the problem. There was some talk of a gear moving sideways and going out of mesh in reverse, and perhaps fixing it with a shim to prevent the sideways movement. You might want to check the archives.

Regards and good luck,
Bill

darticus

Thanks, Will search, If you see it let me know. Ron

the Bach-man

Dear Ron,
Please contact the service department.
They'll be able to help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

darticus

Waiting for a reply to my email sent. Ron
Quote from: the Bach-man on February 22, 2011, 08:45:55 PM
Dear Ron,
Please contact the service department.
They'll be able to help.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

railtwister

Quote from: darticus on February 23, 2011, 07:09:33 AM
Waiting for a reply to my email sent. Ron
Quote from: the Bach-man on February 22, 2011, 08:45:55 PM

Ron,

Use the phone rather than email. Emails seldom generate any response due to the number of them received and the time it takes to answer. Your warranty could run out before you receive any replies from your email

Bill!