Question For the Bach-Man or Yardmaster

Started by TheJJ, February 27, 2011, 09:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJJ

(I put Yardmaster because he answers on this forum to and is still and administrator)
I remember awhile back on one of the topics the Bach-Man stated that they were trying to get the T&F line for all scales.
Is this still true?

SodorAdventures

Yes, I spoke to Mr. Lynch and Mr. Blaine Today at the train show. They said they were interested in buying rights for O scale. Lionel is currently in charge of O scale thomas. N scale, I am not sure. I would actually love to write on here that Both are wonderful to speak with, and I can now buy my Bachmann Thomas items at ease knowing that they are in charge.
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

BillingsRR

Bachmann will have a fun time prying the rights from Lionel! You should see how much Lionel makes at DOWT. The models fly off the shelves! Same with all of the Thomas products, but the Lionel ones are more popular among most grandparents because they normally model in O scale. I have one of the original Lionel Thomas sets, well it is from 1999. The only thing that I don't like is the couplings.

Bachmann can easily get the rights from TOMIX. They are an Asain company and only make several things.

CaptainPunjab

If Bachmann buys out out TOMIX we would get to see an N scale Gordon (and more characters) wasn't TOMIX supposed to make one ?

TheJJ

Do you think they'd be able to make the moving eyes? I don't think so. (I'm talking Tomix)

CaptainPunjab

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

CaptainPunjab I SAW your model seires its verry funny ;D

TobyTheTram16

JD417

*cough skarloey railway hopefully sometime in the future for bachmann and thomas moddelers layouts cough cough*  :D

jk i know this wont happen anytime soon :P