Previous topic - Next topic

dave2-8-0

New Mexico Northern Rail Road

Stephen Warrington

100% DC in HO and LS all AC in O scale.

Stephen

Guilford Guy

a mix...
DCC in large scale, a little DCC in ho and dc in ho as well.
Alex

Alex V.

I use DC, but I'll probably convert to EZ-Command some time in the future.
Alex - Owner/Operator
          Western Overland R.R.

Seasaltchap

Stephen : I'm interested in your O gague AC set-up. What is the direction changing system. I had AC Trix and it was a real toss-up as to which direction the engine would move when the voltage was increased!
Phoenix AZ: OO enthusiast modelling GWR 1895-1939, Box Station Wiltshire; S&DJR Writhington Colliery, Nr. Radstock.

Interested in making friends on the site with similar interests.

Stephen Warrington

All of my  O scale is Lionel so I used the automatic E units in the locomotives where you could lock in the direction of travel or leave in centered postion where you could change direction simply via turning off the power then re applying it. Its has been ages since I have ran my 1970s vintage Lionel stuff so my memory is a bit confused on some of the terms now alot of my rolling stock I loaned to my cousin to run behind his modern Mth stuff.

Stephen

rikc9

HO DCC & sound club & home. NCE. A little DC at both.
Lionel & Marx 0-27 three rail, AC

DTRAINS

DC only for my large scale trains.DC is less work,and less money,more time and more money for trains.
          David

BIG BEAR

DC only for my On30 layout. Like Dtrains I'ld prefer to spend my time and hard earned $ on trains, rolling stock, track upgrades, and buildings for my layout.

Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

akakrak

New to the hobby but I went with DCC.  I like it so far. I have a friend that runs DC and after seeing mine, he is think about switching.  Presently planning on converting 2 Proto 2000 and an Athearn that I've recently purchased.

Gene P.

When I was in O scale I was running TMCC, so it was only natural that I added DCC to my current layout. I love it!! More importantly, my wife and I can run trains together, which adds alot.
Plus adding DCC decoders is alot of fun as well. Gives you the chance to take stuff apart and(hopefully) put them back together in better shape than when you bought them.
Twin Forks R.R.

CJCrescent

Digitrax DCC ;D

Went with it mostly due to cost factors. I like multiple operators and since this will be my "last" layout, as well as the biggest 23 x 17', with 8-10 operators, the cost of the additional multiple level rotaries I was going to need, as well as the cost of adding additional wafers to the rotaries I already had, was going to be the greater than the cost  of an entire DCC setup with the decoders for 1/2 my locos, I went DCC.

I have found the wiring a whole lot simplier and I wonder why I didn't do this years before I finally did 5 years ago. 8)

I'm not "putting down" those who still operate DC. Its just that DCC, in my case, was less of an expense.
Keep it Between the Rails
Carey
Alabama Central Railway

chuff_n_puff

If the market follows suit with MRC (Model Rectifier Corporation), we will have no choice! When you go with their Prodigy Advance system or Advance Squared, DC will not even operate on it! I am afraid that some day soon we will be saying, "Remember those old DC days?"

Tom Lapointe

DCC in Large Scale (Fn3) on all but a few locomotives; just picked up 4 more decoders at the Springfield (MA) show, just haven't had the time  :) to install them yet.  Only locomotives that are NON-DCC are my 2 live-steamers  ;D - an Accucraft 3-cylinder Shay (set up for RC operation), & a "Ruby #11" 2-4-2 (still manually controlled at this point, RC is planned for it). ;)   Running brass track on both indoor & outdoor layouts, mostly Aristo with LGB switches.        Tom

PS- for anyone who's wondering  ???, the live steamers operate ONLY outdoors! :D

John Murphy

Count me as both DC and DCC.  I'm currently trying to build a Christmas Layout in DC, but have had most locos converted to DCC for a full 9'x9' layout I plan for a hobby room -- although if I can't figure an easy way to put Plastic Rail Joiners on the Bachmann EZ Track to create simple blocks, I may be forced to go DCC on both layouts -- I have too much invested in track to do otherwise.    :(  I really hate to give up those little 2-6-2 Prairies and 2-6-0 Moguls Bachmann has - even though they are just modified 0-6-0 Switchers....
   John Murphy