News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cabboose, cabin cars, vans

Started by DominicMazoch, February 23, 2011, 12:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DominicMazoch

OK, I do like PRR.  BUT ENOUDH N5C cars for roads outside PRR, CR and CR.  How about some other cabooses, cabin cars and vans which fir the rilroads the engines model?

Joe Satnik

Dear Dom,

PC (Penn Central) ?

Cabeese are important, but in general,

I think it is more important that WBB start up-sizing their entire freight car fleet. 

Their scale frieght cars are only 40 feet long, and their 0-27 cars look downright tiny.

(Good for Golden Memories, I guess, but not the Traditional line, which is chocked full of scale locos.....) 

I wonder what Lionel did with the K-Line scale freight car molds?

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

DominicMazoch

There is a long story on how the K-Line stuff got slip up between Atlas, RMT, and the others.  Lionel I don't think got anything.

What WBB needs are more modern cars.  The box and other cars fit the GP's well.  But for stuff like the 90MACS,  there are very few 40' protype cars out there.

lennyski

I hope they DON'T change their scale. I have many IR o-27 cars and the WBB ones are much bigger. I use the IR cars for my Lionel Jrs. but the WBB ones look much better with my WBB locos. I don't have many yet but I think that will change over the next few years.

phillyreading

How about realistic caboose designs; like the bay window caboose, that several railroads ran and not the N5C. Reading Lines and Florida East Coast used the bay window caboose, FEC using only the bay window caboose, for the last 25 years of having cabooses.
All the cabooses by Williams are of the N5C class!!
More railroad names for passenger cars!! So far; only 'the major railroads' are represented in the passenger car line-up.
What about some better variety in the whole locomotive line; more steam engines, like the Pennsy K4s, or Camelback steam engines, or GP-38's in more roadnames.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

What I would love to see are add on sets of cars from runthrough railroads.  Like PRR for the TEXAS SPECIAL, and trains to FL!

phillyreading

While FEC may have quit passenger service in 1964, there were at least two other railroads that still serviced Florida. The Atlantic Coast Line and the Gulf Coast railroad.

Luxury Lines may be just a name made up by Lionel during the 1950's, to sell model trains, as I have not seen any real Luxury Lines passenger cars in service.
Also I don't care for holiday items, as you can run those during only certain time of the year. I want something for everyday use.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

Lionel put Lionel/Lines on cars which did not have any real roadname.

LL is W/WBB doing the same thing, especially in the Memories line, to prevent copyright issues.

phillyreading

How about some Interurban Passenger cars or MU's (multiple units) or rail diesel cars (RDC's). Maybe even putting more names, like Philadelphia & Reading, or SEPTA, on the Peter Witt trollies.

Lee F.