News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

true blast horn

Started by gandydancer, March 03, 2011, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gandydancer

Does anyone know how, or if its possible to install a true blast diesel horn and bell into an old RailKing f-3 unit with no sound just a feeble horn?

GTBob

If the horn & board will fit i/s the shell, there's no reason it will not work.  One wire (think it's red) goes to roller pickup and the other wire goes to ground (metal frame of loco).  Good luck.

GTBob
"If a man does his best, what else is there!"--General George S. Patton Jr.

Joe Satnik

Bob,

Ya beat me to the punch.

GD,

I would just add that you shoud disconnect the old horn and its controls, and remove them if you need the room.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Gandydancer,
          I installed the True Blast into a MTH 027 size  F3 Florida East Coast that had a faulty PS1. I removed the PS1 from the motorized unit and installed the Williams Electronic E Unit. In the dummy A unit I installed the Horn/Bell true blast. It was a very simple procedure. Joe and Bob are correct. The horn/bell fit quite easily into the dummy A.

DominicMazoch

I had a Williams PA whichhad the horn go out.  Placed into the PA dummy.  Works.  

Should work on any system with AC.

phillyreading

The True Blast 2 horn needs a seperate whistle and horn button on the transformer or seperate controls else how, like two Lionel add-on horn buttons; one wired regular the other wired in reverse and both hooked up to one track output.
I put a T.B. 2 diesel horn in a Lionel FA diesel unit, works better than the old Lionel horn only unit.

Lee F.