Steamers we need...and Bachmann can make it !!!

Started by SFREAK, March 04, 2011, 06:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipgear

Quote from: extrucker on March 20, 2011, 11:04:23 PM
i have 1 of the news 4/6/0 with dcc it runs good only complaint  is the traction wheel should be move their in the front  when i hook up more then 3 heavy passage  cars  it slips Even on flat layout but it Will pull 7 f8 cars ok

What type of passenger cars? Mine will pull 7-8 Rivarossi Heavyweights. It pulled a 14 car freight cars up a 1 1/2% grade for about 30 minutes (The layout is a giant helix, 3 laps around the entire basement.) Only struggled one place where the grade jumped to 2% to mimic the real line he is modeling.

If you are trying to pull the old Bachmann 60' or Rivarossi 85' passenger cars with lighting, I doubt it will do it. Those cars are like pulling a lead sled. Ditch the lighting pickups and they roll pretty good.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

fredsmi

My little Southern 4-6-0 is unchanged from the factory except for flipping the front truck. Last night, I had it pulling 9 40' Bachmann gondolas w/coal load and a caboose on my loopti-loo that has a 2% grade. By mistake, it turned out at an Atlas switch right at the start of the grade and headed to another line and into a closed Peco switch. It climbed the rail at the Peco switch pulling the gondolas over the rail with it onto the other line and proceeded up the 2% grade for about 6" until it hit a Bachmann 44 Tonner, then, pushed the 44 Tonner another 12" up the grade while continuing to pull gondolas over the rail, until, it started spinning though still making progress, when, finally I shut the system down. When I shut it down, it had pulled 7 gondolas over the rail, leaving only 2 gondolas and the caboose left to pull over the rails. Although this is extraordinary, overall I am impressed with this little steamer's pulling ability.

johnTom

In case this was missed.  If Bachmann has the ability to produce these in the larger scales such as G,O and On30, why can't they produce them in the smaller Scales N and ho?

4-2-0 -not the C.P. Huntington " The European version"
0-6-0T
2-8-2T
0-4-4 and 2-4-4 Forney
2-4-2  The Columbia

**and The Chinese SY 2-8-2 and the QJ 2-10-2
These I would like to see in N-SCALE**

How about offering some of these painted unlettered and DCC ready,this also includes the 4-4-0 as painted  unlettered.
I like U.S. HISTORY, railroad history.etc...

Tom

extrucker

i,m pulling 4 bluegoose cars by concor it seem like the more i run it the better it runs