News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Diesel vs Diesel 10

Started by EdwardFan2011, March 05, 2011, 07:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwardFan2011

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on the bachmann forums, so I apologise if this topic has been discussed before.

Since Bachmann are making Diesel this year, I thought I'd ask this question: which diesel do you prefer - Diesel or Diesel 10?

My personal opinon is:

Case for Diesel - He made his debut in Season 2, so he has been around longer than Diesel 10. Furthermore, he was created by the man himself, Rev. W. Awdry whereas Diesel 10 was created by Britt Alcroft. Diesel's colour of black shows he is evil as well as the sneer on his face. Diesel is a regular character on the TV series unlike Diesel 10 who only appears occasionally in specials. However, Diesel is smaller than the main line engines Gordon, Henry and James and therefore wouldn't likely to be as intimidating. Also, Diesel is only meant to be a shunter engine.

Case for Diesel 10 - He made his debut in Thomas and the Magic Railroad. Diesel 10 is a much larger engine than Diesel and has a claw named pinchy. This makes him look much more intimidating than Diesel and is also much stronger. In addition, his evil sneer looks more scarier than Diesel's sneer. Both steam engines and diesel engines alike are scared of him. However, he can show a good side at times.

What do you lot think?

SCOTTISH RAILWAYS

i see your point
but think of it this way who would scear people the most a class 08 shunter with a bad atitude or a metal monstor who could cut u in half with his claw

PasqualeCS96

How about Douglas vs. Diesel 10, there can only be one #10 you know. :D

MetaDude27

Not much much of a contest, there. Douglas would CREAM Diesel 10! :P :D Anyways I'd prefer Diesel over Diesel 10 as a character, but as a model I'd prefer Diesel 10 over Diesel. Who doesn't like a giant crushing claw? ;)

TheJJ

Well Douglas would have Donald as back up but Diesel on the other hand would have The Diesel Works. And Splatter and Dodge and PINCHY!
Anyway I'd say Diesel 10 over Diesel!

Cheeky_ULP

I'd rather Diesel. Diesel 10 has never even pulled a train.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: JJ96 on March 05, 2011, 08:43:38 AM
Well Douglas would have Donald as back up but Diesel on the other hand would have The Diesel Works. And Splatter and Dodge and PINCHY!
Anyway I'd say Diesel 10 over Diesel!

I agree. Diesel 10, in my opinion, is a better villian. Now don't get me wrong, I DO like Diesel, but I think Diesel 10's more awesome. You know, sometimes, I imagine "What if Diesel was a helper of Diesel 10 in TATMR?".
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Mulfred

For me its Diesel. Original and Best.

JD417

of my models i made i got to say diesel and d10 both look awesome running around my layout, but in all awesomeness i got to say i prefer D10 becasue he's big, fearless, strong, intimidating, and pinchy only improves those characteristics  :)

BillingsRR

I perfer Diesel, but don't mind D10 in T&TMRR, but I can't stand D10 in CAE.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: BillingsRR on March 05, 2011, 10:13:07 PM
I perfer Diesel, but don't mind D10 in T&TMRR, but I can't stand D10 in CAE.

I know what you mean. When I first saw the cover to the CAE video/DVD on the TTTE website (and when, of course, I saw Diesel 10 on this), I thought it was going to be good. But then he became a good guy and then I was like "Wait, what?" Oh well, at least he seemed to be back to normal in MIR, and hopefully stay that way in Day of the Diesels.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

branmas

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on March 05, 2011, 08:38:36 AM
How about Douglas vs. Diesel 10, there can only be one #10 you know. :D
nice idea

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: Sparks on March 05, 2011, 11:35:02 AM
I'd rather Diesel. Diesel 10 has never even pulled a train.
a reason for me too however I'm nutrel here as there are aurguments for and against both engines