News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Coupler Compatiblity

Started by jsmvmd, March 07, 2011, 07:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmvmd

Dear Friends,

Will the couplers Williams provide couple well and properly with Atlas, MTH, Lionel and others on the market ?  If not, are they easily tweeked, or do they need to be replaced ?  If so, what do you recommend ?  I have an MTH 2-8-0 and a Lionel Polar Express I wish to use for the kids.   I want to standardize the mix, and eventually use all Willliams.
Thanks a million !

Best Wishes,

Jack

Jack,
      I have Williams,Lionel,K-Line,MTH and RMT toy trains. They all couple well and properly. I mix and match cars and accessories that I like. I am new myself to the Williams by Bachmann brand. I started with a semi-scale Hudson in December as of today I now own two steamers, four diesels, and two electric locos The diesel and the electric locos all have two can motors powering them. They are good pullers and smooth runners. The steamers are good runners too, they seem to pull less due to the fact only two drive wheels have rubber traction tires on them. Very heavy loads will produce wheel slippage. The diesels and the electrics all have four to eight traction tires ( EP- 5 ). The WBB are a great play and dollar value. I like the locomotives.

Have fun....671

papa3376

Hi,  I have a Williams FP-45 and a WBB boxcar and tank car and have no issues coupling to other brands of engines or cars.  Coupler height is compatible to everything else I have.  Hope this helps.  George

jsmvmd

Dear "Pap" and "1,"

Thank you kindly !  Helps a bunch.  Our local club runs lots of Williams loco's and steamers to very good reviews from club members and the public.

Best Wsihes,

Jack

phillyreading

I bought a used Williams Shark unpowered B unit that I installed a True Blast 2 diesel horn inside. My only problem was keeping the couplers closed, I finally put nylon straps over the couplers and this keeps them closed.
Not had any coupler heigth issues with Williams and other company products.

The older SD-45's have great pulling power for their price, even my S-2 steam engine is a great puller.
The F-7 diesel engines I have need some help with pulling power, they are from the Crown Edition era of Williams, a really nice looking set of Santa Fe diesels, I installed an extra set of motors in one F-7 to help with pulling power.

Lee F.

DominicMazoch

Now will the new trucks be sold as an Ass. so I can upgrade my old W/WBB boxcars?

jsmvmd

Dear Lee,

Would those be cable ties ?

Best Wishes,

Jack