Refurbished bachmann equipment:

Started by engr.todd, March 11, 2011, 09:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

engr.todd

Got an email today stating Bachmann Trains has refurbished equipment for sale? Is this so and where do I go to check it out?

I did NOT click on link, wanted to find out first hand is such a thing is available and where to go link?

Respectfully,
Hawghead1
Keep em on the rail :-)

Doneldon

todd-

This is the first I've heard of it. A search for "refurbished" turned up nothing here. Many companies sell refurbished goods through a separate entity so their own name is not directly associated with the sale. I don't know if that's true for Bachmann but it might explain why there's nothing on this site.
                                                                                           -- D

Terry Toenges

That's really cool. I wasn't aware of the parts catalog, either.
Great for kit bashers. Build your own loco.
Feel like a Mogul.

Tedshere

This is great!!! I just visited the Bachmann refurbished equipment page. Part of the writeup says that the refurbished equipment can't be sold as new so they sell it as refurbished. Well, I just a month ago bought the "brand new" Bachmann Overland Express as my first train set. It came with a locomotive a tender and nine freight cars. Guess what. The nine freight cars are the exact same cars as that are displayed in the "refurbished" offerings. One minor difference is the gondola is a different railroad and color.[/
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Ted
Kalkaska, Michigan

BestSnowman

Tedshere, the small print states that the roadname may vary and there is if you order you'll get whatever they have. No guarantee of a specific roadname.

It is probably the same as the set you got. What "can't be sold as new" and "No Retail Box" likely means is that it's either open box, packaging was damaged, or something has happened to it so they can't put it in a box and sell it as new. It could be a case where they had a run of defective trainsets and these are the perfectly fine rolling stock. It could be merchandise returned to the company or even items used as display items at train shows. They have been taken out of the box and possibly handled and thats why they aren't new.

I don't speak for the company so it could be something completely different and none of my explinations should be used taken as fact.
-Matthew Newman
My Layout Blog

srevac

One might be advised to shop around even at refurbished prices.  I just bought a Silver Series 40' stock car #18501 on e-bay form The Favorite Spot for less than $8.00 with box, new steel wheels etc. while the refurbished site was asking $10.00 for an older model...plastic wheels, no box.