News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

the state of the forum

Started by fitzythe4p, April 19, 2011, 09:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzythe4p

By "professional" I mean keeping threads on topic, and refraining from pointless posts and threads. I don't want to see the forum become a boring place any more than you do. I'm simply pointing out the things that most other members don't want to see. Things like arguements and discussions way off topic inside threads come to mind. As I said, making jokes and using emoticons is fine as long as things stay on topic. I fully understand that most members on here are under 18, myself included, however, there are forum rules of conduct, and the point of this thread is to remind people of them. As I said, these are guidelines, not orders

PasqualeCS96

fitzythe4p is right we get off topic alot.

shining time

hey im not between 8-11 im older
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

BillingsRR

Did I say everyone on here was 8-11, no. I said there are some users here who fall, and act like they are in, that age range. I didn't say any specific names etheir.

Anthony P2

and lets not forget digging up old topics.

shining time

Quote from: BillingsRR on April 20, 2011, 07:44:09 PM
Did I say everyone on here was 8-11, no. I said there are some users here who fall, and act like they are in, that age range. I didn't say any specific names etheir.
ok sorry didn't mean to get over excited
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

SodorAdventures

Yeah, I would agree with everyone. We can really try our best to get everything on topic and "professional",  but, remember, its the internet, not a press conference, or "publishing a book" type of writing. We do get off topic somewhat too much, but please do remember that we are here to enjoy what we talk about, and be "smart" whilst doing it. I was on here forever (2 years) and always wish that we had more members that would be more helpful, or less spamming, but we shouldnt hold to the past. Just help the future!  Just my tidbit of information.

-Sodoradventures
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

metal4life

I've had an account on this forum for several years, and honestly I can say we've seen this before. It's not surprising. In my opinion it's the constant regurgitation of spam, redundant threads/messages (widely regarding messages overflowing with emoticons and grammatical symbols), acting absolutely childish, the drama (which needs to be left where it belongs- which isn't here), and just pointless posts that are only good for post-counts. I don't want to say it's the youngsters' faults, but the dome fits. By all means it's not very difficult to uphold some sort of forum etiquette, it would help keep the forums more organized and friendlier. And some users need to be able to accept constructive criticism, not bark back with hostility.

BillingsRR

Please, lets not start that again. It would defeat the entire purpose of this thread.

thomasj219

But another purpose of this thread is for people to admit and learn from their mistakes not pretend they never happened. As was the case in the matter a few months back, nothing was admitted to be wrong and that is a very important part of growing up. Again I have no problem with other members giving this kind of advice, I do however have a problem when they cant follow it themselves.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

BillingsRR

Oh ok, I get where you're coming from, but still, for the sake of peace, lets drop it.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: thomasj219 on April 21, 2011, 10:04:51 PM
Quote from: SodorAdventures on April 21, 2011, 03:04:35 PM
Yeah, I would agree with everyone. We can really try our best to get everything on topic and "professional",  but, remember, its the internet, not a press conference, or "publishing a book" type of writing. We do get off topic somewhat too much, but please do remember that we are here to enjoy what we talk about, and be "smart" whilst doing it. I was on here forever (2 years) and always wish that we had more members that would be more helpful, or less spamming, but we shouldnt hold to the past. Just help the future!  Just my tidbit of information.

-Sodoradventures

Although I agree with this statement, I find it extremely hypocritical coming from somebody who acted the way you did a few months ago.
Is it a bad thing for someone to try and learn from their mistakes?

SodorAdventures

Quote from: Sparks on April 21, 2011, 11:13:00 PM
Quote from: thomasj219 on April 21, 2011, 10:04:51 PM
Quote from: SodorAdventures on April 21, 2011, 03:04:35 PM

-Sodoradventures

Although I agree with this statement, I find it extremely hypocritical coming from somebody who acted the way you did a few months ago.
Is it a bad thing for someone to try and learn from their mistakes?

Well, I havent been acting like that since. And wait? I never get off topic!
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PasqualeCS96

Heres my opinion...IF YOU THINK IT WILL BE A WASTE TO POST IT ON THE FORUM OR THINK IT IS STUPID, DO NOT POST IT! MAKE PEACE NOT WAR!

metal4life

How about we just think before we post.

Believe me, it's much, much easier than it sounds.