Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Photo Gallery

Started by ThomasFan247, March 13, 2011, 11:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 17, 2011, 08:16:17 PM
Quote from: Mulfred on March 17, 2011, 04:54:43 PM
Yeah after like 10 season we all get to hear butch speak. By the way Thomasfan247 Awasome pictures. They look amazing. Real talent.  ;D
Thanks!  ;D
Quote from: PerfectPercy on March 17, 2011, 06:08:11 PM
Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 16, 2011, 09:01:21 PM
Quote from: PerfectPercy on March 16, 2011, 07:50:08 PM
Post some pics of your layout in the layout thread. I'm interested to see the entirety of it. Three questions:

1. How did you manage/what is your method for such successful painting of the coupling hooks on Thomas, Percy, James, Henry, Gordon, and Toby? I am contemplating doing this myself.

2. How did you manage to paint James' smoke-box so neatly? I have had a go at it, but it doesn't look exactly right. Due to the faulty decals, I am also now without the black lining for James' wheel-arches as well (I'm looking into decal paper.).

3. What did you do for the rear coupling on Percy?! I'm sad that Bachmann didn't put it on there in the first place.

Some clarity would be great.

Much appreciated and happy modelling
PerfectPercy
Once my layout is complete, which I'm hoping to be done next weekend, I will have tons of pictures posted ;)

1. I took a very small amount of red acrylic paint on a paint brush and brushed it over the entire hook. I repeated this until there is a solid coat. Then I take another very small amount of paint, this time black, and paint it on the hook OR I use a black sharpie marker.

2. Back in 2009 I used a black sharpie to "paint" his smoke box and wheels. I masked the surrounding are with regular tape, but the tape was out of place and the line on one side of his smoke box is a little crooked :P

3. My 12 year old cousin stepped on my Annie when he was 8, so I had an old Annie chassis laying around. I used my Dremel (small hand-held saw) and cut the coupler off and super glued it onto his back foot plate. Then I painted it as I did with all my other engines.

Hope this helps! And I'll be glad to answer any questions! Also, thanks for all the comments everybody!! :D

Much appreciated, sir. Now I can have a go at the couplings once I get around to finishing up James. ::) I also noticed how you painted Annie and Clarabel's chassis-es black. That is next on my list as well. As for the hint of more pictures to come, I can't wait. Some layout pics would be nice. You seem to have a good hand at scenery.
Again, thanks! By the way, the layout should be completed by this Saturday, so you can expect new pictures this week!
Quote from: TobyTheTram16 on March 17, 2011, 07:53:57 PM
Where did you get that signal from ? and awsome layout.
The signal was from a Tomy/Tomica Thomas set. I don't remember what it was called, but it was the one that included Thomas, Percy, black Troublesome Trucks, Elizabeth, Elsbridge station with the working crossing, and the station that made Caroline swivel when the tracks were set to 'Stop.'
I think it's the tomy thomas ultimate set it was discontinued a few months after it was released in australia unfortunetly

ThomasFan247

So, this morning my mom woke me up at 6:00 for a surprise trip to Maryland. Oh joy :P I got home about a half hour ago, so there isn't any progress on the layout. Sorry guys. I'm hoping that I can get the layout finished by next Saturday.  :-\

BillingsRR

ThomasFan247

Quote from: BillingsRR on March 19, 2011, 07:10:16 PM
That sounds like fun. :P

It was so stupid. We drove for 3 1/2 hours one way just so we could go to an exhibition baseball game. All I did was sat in the car on my dad's iPad when I could have been home finishing my layout  :P

AJWPRODUCTIONS

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on March 19, 2011, 07:19:36 PM
Quote from: BillingsRR on March 19, 2011, 07:10:16 PM
That sounds like fun. :P

It was so stupid. We drove for 3 1/2 hours one way just so we could go to an exhibition baseball game. All I did was sat in the car on my dad's iPad when I could have been home finishing my layout  :P
wel that sucks your layout is AWESOME

ThomasFan247

Thought I'd share this:

For anyone who's wondering, my layout is complete. I'm just working on backdrops ;)

PasqualeCS96

J70

Just a quick one from me...

Jack :)

ThomasFan247

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on April 02, 2011, 06:45:14 PM
Can you post pics?
I actually cannot find my regular camera, so at the moment I can't. But I will be ASAP ;)

branmas

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on April 03, 2011, 02:44:13 PM
Can you post pics?
I actually cannot find my regular camera, so at the moment I can't. But I will be ASAP ;)
aw mann.:( i was really looking forward to seeing it. it is my 2nd favrite layout ;) :)

ThomasFan247

Quote from: the railway series fan on April 03, 2011, 06:34:00 PM
Can you post pics?
aw mann.:( i was really looking forward to seeing it. it is my 2nd favrite layout ;) :)
I have no stinking clue where I could have put the dang thing. I had it yesterday, but now I can't find it anywhere!  :(

branmas

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on April 03, 2011, 08:12:52 PM
Quote from: the railway series fan on April 03, 2011, 06:34:00 PM
Can you post pics?
I have no stinking clue where I could have put the dang thing. I had it yesterday, but now I can't find it anywhere!  :(
well, i guess i can wait. though i want it to hurry still

ThomasFan247

I found my camera  ;D It was hidden under a piece of styrofoam in a cardboard box (well, who was stupid enough to put that there?  ::)) I took some quick shots of the layout. I know some of them are a little blurry, but I didn't have time to setup my tripod for every single shot. I'll have some better pics in the future, but this is what I have for now. Enjoy :)

I LOVE this pic:

The tunnel is still being worked on, but I'm awaiting the supplies I need to finish it. It's too boxy, so I'm ordering some more trees and other foliage to hide the fact that it's a styrofoam cooler :P

Another of my favs:

Tell me what ya think! :)

TheJJ

Dude THOSE PICTURES ARE AMAZING!!!

ThomasFan247