News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Removing rear Heisler locomotive truck

Started by StanAmes, September 22, 2011, 10:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanAmes

What is the best procedure for removing the rear truck from the Heisler.

Thanks

Stan

smcgill

This is not good! ???
When Stan has to ask this type of question. :-\
Again if he gets the answer it should also be put in the FAQ area!  ::)
Sean

Kevin Strong

Aren't there two screws that go into the side of the frame that hold the bolster in place, like the front? I sold mine, but I seem to recall it being fairly simple to do.

Later,

K

Jon D. Miller

Kevin's close on his answer.

This is a picture of the side frame and screws that attach the front truck and bolster.

For the rear truck there is only ONE screw on each side that attaches the bolster to the locomotive. Look along the locomotive side frame.  You'll see a screw on each side that attaches the rear bolster.  Remove these screws and the rear bolster along with the motor block can be removed.

Seems like this same question has been answered more than once on this forum over the years.

One of the "Enthusiastic" Chlldren

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Loco Bill Canelos

JD comes thru again with the perfect photo answer!!!!   

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

StanAmes

Quote from: Jon D. Miller on September 23, 2011, 08:23:39 AM

For the rear truck there is only ONE screw on each side that attaches the bolster to the locomotive. Look along the locomotive side frame.  You'll see a screw on each side that attaches the rear bolster.  Remove these screws and the rear bolster along with the motor block can be removed.

Seems like this same question has been answered more than once on this forum over the years.

One of the "Enthusiastic" Chlldren

JD

Thanks so much.  A good post for an FAQ.  Now to build a replacement part and get the loco back in service.

Stan