'New' D&RGW Large Scale Trains in 2011 catalogue question?

Started by Ted Yarbrough, March 13, 2011, 04:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Yarbrough

Mr. Bachmann,
I see 2 bobber cabooses (#'s 93106 and 93148) listed in the 2011 Bachmann catalogue without photos. Are these two different cabooses? Are they like the one in the set? What paint scheme wil be on them? When will they be available? ALSO, I see the 'NEW' Annie listed in D&RGW #91602, but with no photo available. What is different about the paint on this loco? As you can see, I have lots of questions, but am as excited as a kid in a candy store that some new D&RGW paint schemes may become factory available from Bachmann. THANK YOU from us guys still in 1:22.5 scale!
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Barry BBT

Ted,

The Bobber caboose lettering for the Western, is on the letter board just under the eave of the roof.  The "Rio Grande" could be on the letter board or have the circle logo.

The Annie version of the D&RG is not new, but has been a staple since the Annies came out.  The paint scheme is the same as most of are familiar with, russian blue boiler, 'sparkle' black smoke box, two window wood cab, baloon stack and the tender has a wood load with a fence around it and no tender light.

Hope this helps.

Barry - BBT   
There are no dumb questions.

Ted Yarbrough

Barry,
Thank you for the response. Guess my question is, if these are the same as already out, why listed 'as no photo available'? The Annie states it is BumbleBee scheme with same road number as has been out. Also, two listings of product numbers on the caboose (my original thought was one was actually Rio Grande Southern, but product number does not match the older version). Maybe Mr. Bachmann can shed some light on these questions.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

Graham Greene

Hi Ted & Barry

All the Annie's are listed as New , Look at top of page "Annie Is Now Even Better with Metal Gears and

an Updated Lead Truck".

Regards Graham.

Ted Yarbrough

Graham,
Yep, read that. New gears and new front trucks, if I read the catalogue right. My question is, if there is no paint difference in these items, why is no photo available? The Bumble Bee Annie has been in the catalogue before. The Bobber caboose is in the set, so should have photo. New road numbers would be nice! Maybe Bachmann will give us a good answer soon.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Dear Ted,
The caboose has Denver & Rio grande Western on the letterboard, and 0506 on the side.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Ted Yarbrough

Mr. Bachmann,
Are there 2 different cabooses (2 are listed ijn the catalogue). Also, why no photo of the Annie if it isw the same one you have had for several years? I sure had my hopes up for new products (repaints anyway).
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

R. J. Raleigh

Loco Bill Canelos

It would be great if they all did have different numbers, but the only ones i see after a quick look is the SPC #22, ET&WNC 11,and  D&RG 10.  All the others are old numbers.  I will try to verify this after I have more time to check.  This will make Identification out of the box very difficult for those with the same numbers.

Although a huge Bachmann fan I am really disappointed over the fact that they continually use old numbers for the most part on new items.  

What is new is that they have a new Bachmann number series, so if it is new in the box identification is possible that way for those with the same numbers.

For the historical record I am calling this the "Version 6 chassis" because of the new metal gears.  It remains to be seen if there are any external differences that make identification possible. I will report on this as I find out new information.

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Hamish K

Ted

Only one bobber caboose is shown in the catalogue as lettered for the Denver and Rio Grande Western (my emphasis), the other is for the Denver and Rio Grande. The Bach-Man has described the lettering for the D&RGW one. perhaps he would be kind enough to also describe the lettering for the D&RG one?

Hamish

Loco Bill Canelos

What say you Bach-man the D&RGW Bobber is just a rerun of the one in set 90025, so please describe the D&RG 93106.

Thanks
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Ted Yarbrough

Mr. Bachmann,
Can you tell us the difference in the D&RGW and D&RG cabooses in the book? How about more explaination of the Bumble-Bee loco (If it is the same, then why no photo available?)
Happy Rails to you,
Ted

FordcvP71

I bet the D&RG caboose is the same as the D&RGW minus the "Western" like what they did with the Durango & Silverton equipment.

I am also very interested in this information aswell I'm allways looking for new D&RGW 1:22.5 equipment! I got both the Durango & Silverton sets and relettered everything for D&RGW plus I did up an undecorated annie as D&RGW 4-6-0 175 so my loco roster is 175. 177, 178 & 179 next I would like to do another undecorated annie as 176 black with a green boiler jacket! 

I dont really use the Bachmann Cabeese I mostly use USA trains long cabeese and MDC short cabeese the Bachmann bobber caboose just seem a little big for the rest of the 1:22.5 equipment

If the D&RG caboose looks nice though I could see myself picking one up along with a D&RG Annie... would be nice if they also did a few other D&RG freight cars.

As far as the numbering goes I like to think that in the bachmann universe the white pass loco's share the same numbers as the D&RG loco's because thats where they came from  :P

Wade Colyer

Hi:

I just got back from the E.C.L.S.T.S. at York, PA. The Bach-Man said the 93148 D&RGW 0506 caboose is a rerun of the caboose red one in the 90025 Silverton Flyer set. He had samples of the other two. The 93130 EBT 27 is caboose red and lettered as in the catalog. The 93106 D&RG is caboose red with dull gold lettering and has Denver & Rio Grande spelled out at the top and numbered 49. Both looked very nice.

No sign of the 93937 trolley but the 97003 Emily's coach and 97004 Emily's brake coach looked very nice behind the Lyn. The new Thomas freight cars looked good, also.

The show was smaller than the spring show but was still nice.

The Bach-man didn't wear his green sweater but you'll have to ask him why not yourself.

This is the first time I noticed that they had beer on tap. I guess this was to spur sales.

Wade

Ted Yarbrough

Wade,
Thanks so much. I have been waiting for awhile to find this out. Glad the new scheme is coming. Did the Bachmann give any availability dates? I'll be getting one of the new paint scheme versions!

Any ideas about the Bumble-Bee Annie (where the catalog states no photo available). My question is if no difference in paint or lettering, why no photo?

Happy Rails To You,
Ted