News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-10-0 tender capacity markings in error?

Started by Big Harry Diehl, March 19, 2011, 03:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Harry Diehl

The back of my Frisco 2-10-0 tender says "23,000 gallons"   :o in somewhat fuzzy lettering (the pad must have been over-pressured).

Anyone know what it should be?  For comparison, the huge tender on an SP AC-12 cab forward holds 22,000 gallons.

Steam is King

Harry,

The original FRISCO drawings for the 1613-1632 series mark the tender at 12 tons of coal, 7400 gallons of water and 3300 gallons of oil. The tender Bachmann uses on the Frisco version of its Russian is NOT accurate in size/dimensions for the FRISCO.

Big Harry Diehl

Thanks for the Frisco info.  The mismatch to prototype won't matter to me, since it's going to be a used locomotive of unspecified provenance, but:

- will Bachmann furnish owners of these tenders decals with more realistic capacity info?

- and, what do the other version tenders say?  Anyone have a DCC and Sound equipped version with the different tender shell  -  coal boards.  I don't know the road name, but the overall loco part number was 81702 for the DCC-ready version, and 84303 for the DCC and sound version.  It would be interesting to see if they corrected the error.