News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Controllers

Started by Bud, June 25, 2007, 01:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud

What Controller do I need to start my DCC layout? I have a Bachmann GP-35, DCC equipped.

mikec069

Well, I can tell you that the E-Z Commander will work quitenicely.  I have one I no longer use, but it worked wonderfully when I did use it.  I now use the MRC Prodigy Adavnced  Both have served my quite well.  I was expanding my layout and kind went overboard  ;) when I bought the Prodigy, but it has a handheld that the bachmann did not have when I purchased that.  Hope it helps.

mikec069@cox.net

rikc9

I use a NCE Power Cab. It cost about $140 plus shipping. My layout is about 10 feet by 22 feet. I run no more than three engines at one time and that is a challenge.

rick9

WoundedBear

I'm using Bachmann's EZC on my "around 3 walls", 7' X 10' X 10' layout. It does everything I need it to do, at the moment.

I'm sure an upgrade is in my future, but for now I still have room to expand with it. I have 6 locos on the layout and can run 3 or 4 at one time.....even up grade.

For the price, it's hard to go wrong using it as a starting set to wet your feet with, so to speak.

Sid

Bud

I have recently gotten into DCC with the Bachmann Digital Commander train set.  I have tried to follow the programming instructions but have not be able to program 1 engine of the 2 that came with the system.  I feel that I might have done something wrong with this engine and would like to cancel all addresses for it.  Is there a way to completly erase all address and start over?  PS, I'm jusy getting into model railroading and expect to run into some problems and this is the first.  Any comments would surely help.  Bud

Hunt

Quote from: Bud on July 09, 2007, 05:22:04 PM
Is there a way to completly erase all address and start over? 
To reset the CVs on a Bachmann decoder, write a value of 8 to CV8 using a unit capable of programming the decoder's CVs.