News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Command

Started by pjf, March 19, 2011, 08:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjf

Mr Bach-Man, what is one do to change CV settings with E-Z command.
I have recently changed my layout to DCC and here is my problam. I have 3 locos a 2-6-0, 2-8-0 and the latest Bachmann 4-6-0. Each one is installed with MRC sound module that works on DC or DCC. All worked fine on my DC system but not on DCC.
The sounds are OK but my 2-8-0 and 4-6-0 jump starts and only goes fast or faster.
The 2-6-0 working normal. The other 2 works normal with the original DCC basic module that came with the locos but not with the MRC
Any remedies or suggestions other than replacing the sound decoders.
Thank you,
Peter

jpipkin

If you have the original E-Z Command in the gray box you cannot change CV's; only locomotive addresses. 

Jim

Jim Banner

The two locomotives with the jack rabbit start problem sounds like the decoders were programmed to have a high starting voltage.  There is a good chance that they only require a bit of reprogramming.  Since you cannot do this with your E-Z Command, perhaps you can find someone at your local hobby shop or model railroad club who will do it for you.  A small fee for this service would not be out of order although some groups, like the one I model with, will do it for free.

Jim
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.