News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 2-8-0 w/TCS Decoder question

Started by fredsmi, March 22, 2011, 02:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredsmi

The loco runs fine on DC and DCC (light works, it pulls well, creeps, etc.); however, just recently, when I turn on the DCC system I hear a little squeel like hum, and sometimes, the locomotive will start to crawl on its own even though the throttle is turned down.

If  I throttle up and speed the locomotive up then back down to zero it will stop and sit, but the next time I turn the system on the locomotive will make the noise and move on its own. 

I reset the decoder, but it still does it.  Any suggestions???

fredsmi

Thanks again Hunt.  I will check into that, but just FYI, there are maybe 10 other DCC locomotives sitting on the track (with power), that don't have this issue.  It is the only one.

Also, resetting the system will wipe out all my settings listed in my roster (their names, etc.).  So I hope that is last resort.

fredsmi

I think its  the Z2.

I have not called TCS, I thought it might get a quick diagnosis. 

I will try another reset and setting CV2 to 0 and see if that fixes it (but CV2 isn't 0/28 on the throttle, it is 1/28 on the  throttle correct?).  So I don't know.

Inspector

Your problem exists because you have more than one throttle addressed to this loco.  The other throttle has a speed setting other than zero.  You need to find that other throttle and dispatch the address, then move to your current throttle, dispatch the address, then re-aquite it.  Good luck.

Inspector

Quote from: Hunt on March 27, 2011, 09:19:41 PM
Inspector,
It is my understanding he is using a Bachmann Dynamis system, which has one handset (throttle). Not a Digitrax system with two or more throttles.

But the problem is not in the decoder.  The system is creating a throttle setting that makes the loco move when it should remain still.

fredsmi

Thanks for the comments.  I have not dealt with this issue since early last week due to traveling almost every weekend, just busy.  I'll get to it eventually.

railtwister

This could also be caused by having the decoder set to enable Analog DC control. If you are using DCC, it's better to set the Analog control feature to "disabled".

Bill