News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

starting in outdoor

Started by georgewwagnerjr, March 26, 2011, 02:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

georgewwagnerjr

at todays g scale train show i got a bachman large scale pennsylvania elec set can i use this outside and if so how to use best

ACY

No, because Bachmann track is for indoor use only, you would need to buy track appropriate for outdoor use. I think stainless steel track would work good.

Doneldon

gww-

You can use your Bachmann track outdoors but don't leave it there. It isn't stable under the UV in sunlight and will fail very quickly if it isn't put away. Because of this, few people use Bachman track outside. There are several manufacturers of outside safe track. The material in your rails can make quite a bit of difference, depending on how you'll control and power your trains. For example, if you'll be powering and controlling your trains through the rails you'll want something which doesn't need constant cleaning to work well, like stainless or aluminum. If you use batteries or live steam and radio control the rail metal doesn't matter much except as regards appearance and cost. Good luck with your new railroad.
                                                                                                                                 -- D