News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ATLAS MASTER COMMANDER

Started by EARIC, March 26, 2011, 07:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EARIC

Dose any one know any thing about the atlas master commander it's made by lenz is it a good dcc unit?

OldTimer

As I recall, it was released 10 or so years ago.  I haven't seen an ad for it in ages and it is not in the current Atlas catalog, so I expect  it is out of production.
OldTimer
Just workin' on the railroad.

Len

The Atlas Commander is old technology, long out of production, but...

Old as it is, I still find the forward/reverse direction buttons easier to use for doing the "Kadee shuffle" than most other throttles. Which is handy when switching cars in a yard or industrial area, so I keep one around just for that purpose.

I think one of the local hobby shops still has a couple stashed away. I'll check if you're interested.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

EARIC

I have a friend who wont's to give me the set atlas master commander generator and the handcommand i needed to know if i should take it.he said that it was made by Lenz

jward

as far as i know the atlas commander allows full programming. the main drawback is that it only supports 2 digit addresses, rather than the 4 digit addresses most other systems support. if you can live with that, take it. the price is right......
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA